Hacking HTTP ISO Loader?

NikoK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if there was a method that is available that I could use to load an ISO via HTTP to play on my Wii. I have a mod chip and CiOS.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yes it is but you need an XBOX360 and a Silicon Graphics PC to make it work...!!!
smile.gif

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is loading games off an HDD not Http it's different I think if someone really wanted to he/she could find a way to load games off an HDD without a modchip.HTTP loading isn't possible.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
NikoK said:
I found that flatmii here

http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/FlatMi...iver-p-202.html

How does this chip enable ISO Emulation via USB, and will there be a way to incorperate this kind of feature with a cyclowiz or wiikey?

You have to install it between the data output cable and the disc drive, and the chip has his own USB conector, it is not like you can use the Wii's USB, and it has nothing to do with your ciclowiz or WiiKey so they can both co-exist..!!
smile.gif

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ether2802 said:
because the aplication able to do this will need alot of resources and I really don't think the Wii can handle it...!!
smile.gif
i dont think so, it may not be practical or useful due to resource usage, but i believe it would be at least possible. of course, i dont expect one to be made quickly or even recently. even if it was a hardware based solution it is still 'possible'.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well you can stream video from PC to Wii, but data placed specifically in some order it is a lot of work, it is not like a disc loaders, if you know what I mean...!!!
wink.gif

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ether2802 said:
Well you can stream video from PC to Wii, but data placed specifically in some order it is a lot of work, it is not like a disc loaders, if you know what I mean...!!!
wink.gif
i know what you mean, and with flatmii you can actually probably stream ISO's too (not from HTTP though, just using a direct file system over a wireless network)
example: connect laptop to flatmii, your laptop is connected over a wireless network. use the flatmii software to load an iso over a network drive.

although it is a bit of a lame way to do it, it still IS possible
tongue.gif

im still waiting for a USB hardrive backup launcher solution however..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone