Hacking [HOWTO] Use OOT Exploit on SKY3DS/Non Working Carts

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe if you follow step four in the link I posted above it should show up. It's supposed to do a clean wipe of the saves and initialize the first save correctly.

I tried to decode that link, but I only understand regular english.
I'm thinking that link was translated from some other language to english?

There's something about holding the Blue Button down while inserting the Sky into the 3DS in Step #4?
I can't make out what they are trying to say...

qproject

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

There's something about holding the Blue Button down while inserting the Sky into the 3DS in Step #4?

Hold button while you insert sky (it will not load roms), then take out sky reinsert it (LED will flash faster but will not load roms, take out and reinsert sky for the 3rd time and it will load.

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal

Err......Hold button, put into switched-on 3ds, no game icon will appear(?)/disappear(?) on the screen, then pull it out and put back in again, and repeat once more(?). LED will stop flashing to indicate that it worked(?).

Redsmeg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the Euro release seems like a problem with template because OoT won't show up when I cycle through.. It comes to a blank and won't cycle to next game. I put another SD card in with other games to "reset"sky.
When I write OoT with sky supplied template0216.txt it shows up fine.
I'm using red sky card with OoT as eeprom type game and lgc-loz.3ds rom

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The way the Sky3DS works (I think) is that it needs to transfer the savegames from it's crazy partition scheme into an area of the sky3ds itself. When you hit the blue button, this is what it is doing. Transferring from sdcard back and forth to the Sky3DS. This is also why you need to be on a different title when restoring a game. This way, when you switch to the game you restored the save is in the cart and the game can read it. Things get a little tricky when there is only one game because you can't really switch back and forth so you have to hit the button, pull the cart out, put it back in and wait for the solid light, then do it again and pray.

For example.. you have 2 titles:

If your Sky3DS has title 001 loaded and you want to restore a game for it you will need to switch to game 002 first, pull your cart, restore the game into 001, put the cart back in, switch to 001, and your save should be there.

If you have 002 loaded and do the same thing, the restore will not work unless you do their crazy reinitialization process and I've had it simply not work.

The whole process is easier with multiple games.

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats all just if you can't see the save though right?

if you can see the save you don't need to cycle and take card out do u ?

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats all just if you can't see the save though right?

if you can see the save you don't need to cycle and take card out do u ?

If you can see the save you are fine. A lot of us can't see the save. I think something changed in the save file after sonic got it working and he maybe uploaded the wrong one or something.

He's working on it and I'm sure it'll all be sorted soon enough.

zerodefinition

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on US and I'm having trouble getting the save to show up because I'm not sure if restore with DiskWriter is actually working.

The two times it did show up I got corrupted saves.

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the diskwriter method is very unreliable, back when I converted a gateway save to Sky3DS via SDF it worked flawlessly on the first attempt.
Maybe if someone can find a solution to the "CTR Broken" with the gateway save?

The main advantage to this solution is that we can convert the already working US Gateway save from the OP to EU / JAP using SDF

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it