Hacking How to use PKHex with Gateway?

superspence

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am desperately trying to figure out how to use PKHex with my Gateway save/rom. It says I need the Xorpads which I am able to get, so no worries there, just wondering how I can use said Xorpads with the PKHex program. I'm trying to use a North American Pokemon X 3DZ rom if that makes any difference.​
Thanks very much for anyone willing to help!​

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not an expert but I thought you needed Cyber gadget (Japanese equivalent of Power saves but way better) and a japanese X/Y retail cart or am I wrong besides PKHEX will only modify the saves not the rom itself

superspence

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not an expert but I thought you needed Cyber gadget (Japanese equivalent of Power saves but way better) and a japanese X/Y retail cart or am I wrong besides PKHEX will only modify the saves not the rom itself

I thought that too but if you look at the top of the release page you can see this

ONLY if you posess a 4.5 console & Gateway Flashcart, or the Cyber Save Editor & Dongle and a JP Cart+JP System ONLY... NO Powersaves.

gtaking112

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to use a 3ds program called SaveDataFiler (It is part of the 3DS SDK so I cannot link it to you) to export your save from your ROM. xorpads are only needed to decrypt the ROM which is not necessary for save editing.

Reactions: Margen67

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Install SaveDataFiler.cia in your Emunand
-Select your Pokemon Game in Gateway Menu
-Start SaveDataFiler on your 3DS with Pokemon Rom loaded
-Extract the Save to your SD
-Open main (Has no extension) with PKHeX and edit it how you want
-Save the edited main back to your SD Card from the 3DS
-Inject the edited Save with SaveDataFiler with Rom loaded
-Have fun
wink-new.png

Thank for the explanation above
iFreak-x

So what you need to do you have to be able to install cia files on your 3ds so look for a forum to learn how to install cia files on your 3ds once you do that follow the steps above a tada.

this is kind of hard so if you are a noob don't try it

superspence

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already have BBM so I can install CIAs, and I already have the devkit on my computer so I just need to put the CIA on my sd. What else can I do with SaveDataFiler, if you dont mind me asking?

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with savedatafiler you can export or import your saves that means you can take it off the game and modify it and return it to your game.. so you load your game with your gateway card and go to savedatafiler you can take the save use pokehex to modify it and return it to your game

superspence

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
with savedatafiler you can export or import your saves that means you can take it off the game and modify it and return it to your game.. so you load your game with your gateway card and go to savedatafiler you can take the save use pokehex to modify it and return it to your game

I see, thanks a lot!

gbaboy123

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and for devmenu you need to get two files a devmenu.3ds and a devmenu.cia so launch with your red card the .3ds one and use that one to install the .cia so you have now acces to your devmenu always

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can someone help/walk me through this also? My Pokémon OR save got corrupted... Thoughts appreciated :)

Can you explain what you're wanting to do, exactly? Just getting general ORAS save editing working? Or are you trying to somehow salvage your save? If it's the former, just use SaveDataFiler to export your save to your 3DS' internal SD card, and then edit the "main" file with pkhex (Well, that's what it's called for X/Y...). After that, use SaveDataFiler to re-import it and delete the "Secure Value" for your game to avoid the pesky "Save not compatible with this version" error.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Assuming you use a .3ds/.3dz and not a CIA: Basically you load SDF, hit home, pick ORAS from your gateway ROM list, go back into SDF, then where it says CTR CARD, you press X to extract the save to your 3DS's SD card. After that, you can either turn off the 3DS and connect the SD card to your computer, or use ftpony/ftbrony to move the game's "main" file over to your PC and edit it, then put it back. After that, go back into SDF and re-import it.

If you're using a CIA of ORAS, just load SDF via gateway or a CIA, then export your save, edit it, and re-import it (same as above, use ftpony/ftbrony or just move the sd to your PC).

Not exactly a step by step, but using SDF isn't really rocket science. If you need more help, just post back..

Also, to delete your save, boot ORAS holding up + B + x.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.