How to use moonshell?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ummon, Sep 4, 2011.

Sep 4, 2011

How to use moonshell? by ummon at 9:24 AM (2,652 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. ummon
    OP

Newcomer ummon Newbie

United States
    Hello,

My first post here. As I'm not very familiar with this homebrew stuff, I have to ask few questions. Most of the Moonshell tutorials answer to 'how to install' etc.
    questions. My problem is that I don't have any idea what apps are in there and how to use them. Is there any tutorial available to answer questions like how to USE moonshell? Do I have to navigate everytime to different folders to launch specific app or is there a more organized way to handle launching?

A little bit disorganized this moonshell seems to be or maybe I'm just too old to grasp this stuff:)

-J

2. Undiscovered.Lin

Newcomer Undiscovered.Lin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Firstly no one is too old to use it!!! [​IMG]
    And what do you mean, 1.) do you have Moonshell on your Flashcard? 2.) And what Fashcard do you own as I need a bit more detail to answer you... [​IMG]

3. ummon
    OP

Newcomer ummon Newbie

United States
    I have Acekard2i and the latest version of moonshell already installed. My question is more about the actual use of moonshell.
    When I start the moonshell I feel like I'm in the middle of untidy folder mess. There's applications here and there. So here's my quoestions:

- Is there a list somewhere of all applications in moonshell and how do I find them.
    - what is app launcher (there's nothing in there yet)?

and now the most important question:

- Is there a menu where I can launch all the apps there is in the moonshell?

any help much appreciated. (Give me a link to information if these questions are covered somewhere)

4. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    Wut. Do you know what Moonshell is? Is used to listen to music and watch movies. So i dont see why you are making so much fuss on getting things to work. Simply drop your music/movies/videoclip into a random folder that you can name it whatever you feel it it should be named. Browse to the folder via moonshell and simply click it. What you see with tons of folder is most likely your root folder of the SD.

Current releases of the player support DPG video files, MP3 / OGG / MOD / SPC / MDX (no PCM) / GBS / HES / NSF / XM / MIDI / WMA / low bit rate AAC audio / non-progressive JPEG / BMP / GIF / PNG images, text files, and ebooks. The latest version (2.10) can play FLAC files, though with some audible sound distortion.

5. Undiscovered.Lin

Newcomer Undiscovered.Lin Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Dark Striker has basically just told you everything you need to know/and/or/do...
    enough said... [​IMG]