How to use CHMM2?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gorkensnorkel, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Gorkensnorkel
    OP

Gorkensnorkel GBAtemp Regular

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    I am interested in installing CHMM2 but I don't see any specific instructions on the page for it. I read that I need "dspfirm.cdc" to run it and that it can be dumped using Decrypt9 but I don't know where to place this file, and is that all I need to do before downloading CHMM2 from the Homebrew Channel?

2. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    Not sure about dspfirm.cdc. I use .3dsx version and didn't setup anything at all and it's work great.

3. SirHaxALot

SirHaxALot Yum Cookies! :3

Nov 22, 2016
    Gambia, The
    dspfirm can be dumped with dspdumper, which is part of the guide.

4. Gorkensnorkel
    OP

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    Oh I see, the file was already dumped. And I got it to work by just putting the themes in the themes folder and running the CHMM2 app from the Homebrew Channel. Is there anyway to run CHMM2 without having to connect to the internet to use the Homebrew Channel?

5. SirHaxALot

SirHaxALot Yum Cookies! :3

Nov 22, 2016
    Gambia, The
    If you installed hbl launcher, only the first time starting it one each FW Version should require internet access, to download and store the payload. After that it just uses the stored one.

EDIT: CHHM shouldn't need network at all to install themes on SD

6. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    I run it locally from Homebrew Launcher. Also, i think there is cia version avaliable.

7. Gorkensnorkel
    OP

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    Huh, when I launch the Homebrew Channel with my wifi turned off it stops loading with a white screen on the bottom and a message on the top that reads, "The homemenu ropbin is ready."

Is something set up wrong maybe? I followed the guide to the very letter last night while installing A9LH and Luma... I don't understand what could be wrong. Unless some of the folders it said to delete at the end of the guide included the homebrew payload? o.O

8. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    Why even have Wifi turned off in the first place?

9. Gorkensnorkel
    OP

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    Old habits die hard, I guess. If I don't need internet on then why have it on? And I have limited band width so every device that i can eliminate from auto-updating improves the quality of my life (on the internet) exponentially (even if it is suppose to be safe to let the 3ds update in sleep mode while on A9LH and Luma).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I got the cia file installed, its working great now.