How to use cheat with Max Crash method

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by oboy_handy, Mar 12, 2009.

Mar 12, 2009
  1. oboy_handy
    OP

Newcomer oboy_handy Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hi everyone,

This is the problem.. I need to use Max Crash method lately in order to play a game. The game works perfectly fine. But, I can't use cheat anymore with that game. I usually use cheats from cheats.gbatemp.net from Narin, and i have checked that the game is already in the game list for the recent zip file. How to use the cheat again after max crash??? becoz, when I can still find the cheat for the same game before I use max crash method (But I can't play the game due to "save can't be accessed..." problem), but after using Max crash, the cheat disappear!! can anyone help pls??

2. MicShadow

Member MicShadow GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Please state

Your flashcard
    Your firmware version

And tried arm7 fix or an alternative loader?

(I don't know what the 'max crash' method is to be honest)

3. Rizal

Newcomer Rizal Newbie

Indonesia
    you have to change the game id because the max crass replace the original one.

4. oboy_handy
    OP

United Kingdom
    I use R4 DS... MAX crash method is... I don't know how to tell you really, you should refer to a topic "Incredible Hulk..." I think it's something to do with DS lazy, replacing Arm7, etc.

Rizal, How to change the game id?? I'm sorry, terribly bad with this kind of things

5. oboy_handy
    OP

United Kingdom
    I use R4 DS, and tried arm 7. I don't know about my firmware version.. sorry, I am very stupid about this kind of things. How can I check it ? and what should I do for the firmware version, should I download any?

6. dawn.wan

Member dawn.wan GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    this guy knows what he's talking about.

7. oboy_handy
    OP

United Kingdom
    How to change the game id?

8. oboy_handy
    OP

United Kingdom
    I have done it!! I figured out how to change the game id, and now i can use cheat again! Thank you Rizal and dawn.wan for the help, you guys are legend! can i ask you whether we need to do it again and again if a new cheat database come out, as i think the game ID we changed will be replaced again with the one from the database?