Hacking How to UNDUB WII games

Master007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Like the topics says ... does anyone know how to undub a wii game ?
couldn't find it on google so I try here maybe someone knows how to do it .. a guide maybe ?

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably as simple as replacing the audio files with something like a scrubber.
I never tried it though, and probably never will.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@ Don KillahA simple Google Search..replace the languages/sounds of a game...

@Topic: Don't know...seems also pretty useless for me...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe you could try replacing japanese files into english iso, using Wiiscrubber (as it recreates the table allocation), and see if it works.
it may works only for games with separated audiofiles, and if they have the same name in both jp and us release.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I think only WiiScrubber can replace with files of different size. That's also what Miles was talking about.
It should probably work just replacing the files with the corresponding files in the jap version, i doubt they renamed the files.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
every games are different, There are no specified "sound folder".
you will need to examine and understand it yourself.

If you can't even do that, don't think undubing anything by yourself. It may seems an attack, but I'm thinking hacking might be done by people understanding what they are doing.
I'm ok with helping and making tutorials, but I think you are lacking some basics in file system and file format.

Try searching for a game with a folder named "sound", so you couldn't be wrong.
I think you only want to try it and see how it's done, you never mentioned a game in particular, so try with a simple game, with very few audio files.
extract two files, rename it by swapping the filenames, and reinject it into the iso. Burn it, and look if the iso is working, and if the sound is swapped correctly. then do it with japanese audio file into english iso.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
In most games the audio is in partition2>ROOT>Audio.
The files are in special formats. Good luck
smile.gif

Master007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
.. Obviously its a folder called SOUND or AUDIO that will contain the sound files but I dont see a sound folder in this game : Final Fantasy Fables Chocobo Dungeon. I downloaded the JPN and PAL version the difference what I see in these 2 iso is that PAL have 3 folders named cb_jpn, cb_fra and hbm while the JPN has only 2 folder named cb_jpn and hbm both ofcourse in partition 1 and not 0 , cb_jpn looks like it contain the japanese files and cb_fra looks like it contain the french files but thats not correct the cb_fra contains the english files. inside both folder contains exactly folders but the difference between PAL and JPN is .. PAL is bigger then JPN version and the folder size too including cb_jpn. PAL cb_jpn is 1,80 GB and JPN cb_jpn is 1,50 GB thats really strange O_O

KageJuin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
this is piqued my interest

I would like to undub Clash of Ninja Revolution 3
with the japanese voices from Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX3

hnm...I'll be reading up some more

TempusC

Trophies
Website
www.FatalFrame4.net
XP
Country
Canada
It's as stated above. Undubbing is usually as simple as taking all the sound and movie files from the Japanese game and replacing them in the US or EU versions. Rather than WiiScrubber alone, you'll have better success if you extract all files with WiiScrubber and then put it into a new partition after replacing the files on your HD, using partition builder 1.1 or 1.2. You can then use WiiScrubber to put it back into an ISO.

Sound files are often in .brstm, .brsar, or .dsp formats. Sometimes you'll just get generic extensions, though. Movie file also contain sound (usually), and are often in .thp or .bnk format, but can vary as well. Always test you undub extensively - timing events may rely upon audio. Be especially careful about swapping brsar or other sound effects files. Depending on the complexity of the game, you may be required to do more complicated hacks for a successful undub. This requires a hex editor and a strong aptitude for logic problems and cryptograms, as well as a basic understanding of how structs work in C/C++. Further hacking can be accomplished through knowledge of PPC ASM, but I'm assuming you're still struggling with "Strong aptitude for logic" if you're asking for help here on swapping Audio files.

If you post a complete file tree in a spoiler box, people may be able to point out more.

kaizer3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
undubbing for NDS games is fairly easy if not easiest.
simply use DSBuff to unpack a game, swap sound files and then repack it together using same software...
and viola you are done!

i was kinda hoping wii games apply the same concept and shld be easy to undub as well...but if it involves partition and hex editing, then i am lost... T_T''

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eGAHfC5P-Y