How to test wifi range

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't remember if I plugged in the golden cables.

I am 90% sure, but not 100%.

What can I do to check that the golden cables were plugged in properly other than taking apart the backplate?

How many feet away from router to verify that the wifi is working okay?

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Easily you won't have any signal reception if you don't plug it unless you're one inch away from the source.

danieladams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To check if the golden cables were properly plugged in without disassembling the backplate, you can visually inspect the cable connections, ensuring they are securely inserted into their respective ports. Gently follow the cable from the source to the destination, looking for any signs of disconnection or loose connections.

Regarding the Wi-Fi connection, you can verify its strength and stability by checking the signal strength on your device. Most devices display Wi-Fi signal strength in the settings menu. Alternatively, you can use a Wi-Fi analyzer app to assess signal strength and potential interference. The specific distance from the router for a reliable connection can vary based on factors like obstacles and interference, but generally, within 30 feet is considered a good range for a strong Wi-Fi signal.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I can't remember if I plugged in the golden cables.

I am 90% sure, but not 100%.

What can I do to check that the golden cables were plugged in properly other than taking apart the backplate?

How many feet away from router to verify that the wifi is working okay?
if you have v1 i think that wifi range icon is not exacly accurate i have mixed feelings about it in my unit but internet works good :D if you have internet acces with good speeds you connected it good enough :D

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Maybe I read wrong but the person was asking whether he forgot to plugin the ipex coaxial connector for the antennas.

Its not uncommon to forget to plug those in if you're doing multiple installs for OLED because they come at the very last step just before you close the top cover lid. And if you missed the WIFI one you also would miss the BT one too.

Like I said, if the WIFI isn't plugged in you will notice it instantly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...