Hacking How to tell the difference between clone and original?

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been wondering if there's a way to see if I have a original R4 or one of those 1:1 Clones. How can I tell?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you buy it recently? If you did, it's a 1:1 clone.

Though some have said it's "old stock" when the R4 team was still around, I find it dubious. The "1:1 clones" came out while the R4li started releasing "updated kernels" for the R4. While the kernels worked on real R4s, they weren't a continuation of the real R4's menu.
They didn't really catch on because even with the updated kernel, they were still very lacking and full of problems (cheat files would only show to a certain length, the R4li menu had sound issues on the DS, compatibility was still low). It wasn't until Wood was made to work on the R4's that the "1:1 clones" became popular since Wood fixed nearly all the problems of the R4.

Nujui

I need something to do.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Did you buy it recently? If you did, it's a 1:1 clone.

Though some have said it's "old stock" when the R4 team was still around, I find it dubious. The "1:1 clones" came out while the R4li started releasing "updated kernels" for the R4. While the kernels worked on real R4s, they weren't a continuation of the real R4's menu.
They didn't really catch on because even with the updated kernel, they were still very lacking and full of problems (cheat files would only show to a certain length, the R4li menu had sound issues on the DS, compatibility was still low). It wasn't until Wood was made to work on the R4's that the "1:1 clones" became popular since Wood fixed nearly all the problems of the R4.

I bought it about a year ago. Some have said if it clicks if you push it it's a clone, but mine doesn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one