Tomvita's tools

How to switch between dmnt gen1 and gen2

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dmnt gen1 is host of cheatVM, dmnt gen1 need to be attached to the game process in order to use cheat code. This will happen automatically if there is a cheat code found in atmosphere's content folder corresponding to the game id.

Dmnt gen2 is the host of gdb stub, dmnt gen2 need to be attached to the game process in order to use gdb stub on the game. This happens when you request from a remote debugger to attach to the game's pid.

Only one debugger(in this case dmnt gen1 or gen2) can be attached at anyone time to a game process.

To switch between gen1 and gen2 the process is
1. request detach dmnt
2. request attach dmnt

On the switch end
Edizon se can request for dmnt gen1 detach. (ZL+B)
Edizon se is by default going to request for dmnt gen1 attach when it launch (Can be disabled in option).
Breeze always ask for dmnt gen1 attach when it launch.

On the PC end
Pointer searcher se can request for dmnt gen1 attach and detach if noexs sysmodule (bundled with edizon se and Breeze, need to be enabled in sysmodule manager) is running.
To detach dmnt gen2 use the debugger that requested the attach.

TomSwitch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I did for my use case.
1. Setup ida pro to use gdb stub. Save database as gdb.i64. Make an icon to lunch ida pro with this file.
2. Bind shortcut keys on ida pro to quickly do attach and detach.
1653452703235.png
3. Use pointer switcher to detach dmnt. "Ask dmnt to detach" button is a all in one. This will connect to noexs sysmodule on the swtich (needs to be enabled), request for dmnt detach, disconnect from noexs. Most of the time I will use "Attach to" to connect and "Download Bookmarks" to get the address that I want to break on from the switch. Drag and drop that on the upper panel so I can copy it for use with ida pro. Disconnect form noexs if the PC might go to sleep while you work on switch, otherwise you will need to disable then enable noexs sysmodule if PC went to sleep while you work on switch. "Detach dmnt" button on the lower left don't disconnect noexs so it faster and I often use that but if PC went to sleep I will have to do the above.
1653453170976.png
4. When I want to switch back to use dmnt gen1. I use short cut to detach ida pro. Launch Breeze and continue from there.

Attachments

• 1653452803135.png
    1653452803135.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by TomSwitch,

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: