Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

Scathraax

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Install the temp PRO version for your current OFW, then run PSP Ident and show us the screenshot it saves.

http://filetrip.net/...075-f26588.html
GAMpI.png

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello people, I'd like some help here please ^^. I have a PSP 2000 (2006 actually) and would like to know if I can upgrade to a better custom firmware and what good would that do.
I bought this console back in 2008 I think and has been "stuck" with 5.03 since then. I started using cfw enabler 3.70 which basically worked for everything I wanted at the moment, but then I went with prometheus so I could play monster hunter portable 3rd (that one and freedom unite are basically the ONLY psp games I care for), so right now I have 5.03 Prome-3. How much better is 6.60 pro when compared to the old firmware I have? Would I lose my save files in case I wanted to upgrade? because losing 300 hours of gameplay in Freedom Unite and nearly 200 in Portable 3rd wouldn't be fun exactly..

Here's what PSPIdent says about my console

35bdwmo.jpg

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Prome was made by Prometheus, the same guy that made PRO, so PRO is a sort of contiuation of the Prome addon.

You won't lose your saves.

You should do the 6.20 PRO (permanent) method in the first post. On that firmware you should just be able to restart the PSP (to get it out of hacked mode) and then run the 6.20 installer to get to a clean 6.20.

Empu1

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Prome was made by Prometheus, the same guy that made PRO, so PRO is a sort of contiuation of the Prome addon.

You won't lose your saves.

You should do the 6.20 PRO (permanent) method in the first post. On that firmware you should just be able to restart the PSP (to get it out of hacked mode) and then run the 6.20 installer to get to a clean 6.20.

Are you sure I won't lose them? When my brother updated his PSP 1000 from 4.01 m33 to 5.00 m33-6, his freedom unite save said it was corrupt and he started over.. but then again he had only played for a couple of hours so it wasn't much of a loss >.>

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys i'm on 6.39 ME 9.7 and i can't get 2 games to work with it.

capcom puzzle world
street fighter alpha 3 max

capcom puzzle world won't load at all.

street fighter alpha 3 max keeps getting trying to read from the memory card and won't stop...

is updating the firmware the option?

Cuber

Trophies
Website
mytgn.co.uk
XP
Country
Got a preowned PSP today.. it's a 3003 with version 6.37 firmware... the two hacks on here say 6.20 or 6.60 s: I don't know if I should try a downgrade to 6.20, I mean I don't know what version it came with out of the box or anything. Or should I just update it to the latest firmware? Which I'm guessing is 6.60?
Also wondering if there's some easy way to tell what motherboard I have..

Edit: Updated to 6.60, followed instructions and now it's on CFW, well.. that was easy enough. :D I mean I was a little worried I'd have something about my model that'd mean I'd not be able to use CFW, but I guess not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1