Hacking How to restore backup save data?

Roncon93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. With all this bricking fiasco going on, I've decided to downgrade my Launcher.dat, however, I did backup all my saves inside the SD card. The problem is, when I launch Bravely Default, it's creating a new System and Game save, even though I've copied the backup saves back. So I am wondering what I am doing wrong here.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Play a different game (not bravely default)
Exit (Home > X )
Shutdown console (full shutdown. users reported that not shutting down was the issue with savegame not restoring correctly)
Restore your backup savegame files from PC to SD card
Launch Bravely default

It should load the bravely default's savegame now.

bigusheadus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am having the exact same problem came from 2.0b2 and after downgrading to either 2.0b1 or 1.2 it wont recognise the save.
Any suggestions?

Edit: found this whilst digging around

"For the newer Gateway firmware it doesn't make a difference as far as I know. It's only if you switch to EmuNAND after not using it before that you might run into problems. Pretty sure most of them will work, but some games created after 6.0+ will have problems when you switched over, for example for me this happened with Bravely Default, and as far as I know there's nothing for it but to start over."

Seems like bravely default is the only one with issues going back and forth with gateway's updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The tots through Tina quotes are Napoleon. No free drinks and the big brown finger are Greasy...