Gaming How to repair a DS Phat Shoulder Button?

Fynolt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, back when the original DS came out, in an uncharacteristic move, I decided to become an early adopter, and while I still don't regret that decision, it has recently put me in quite a predicament. After years of use, I'm afraid my "R" button has finally given up the ghost. The spring still works, but no matter how one presses the button now, the system will never detect it. Not wishing to shell out the cash for a new system, but not willing to pay the $80 I've heard an official repair job by the big N will cost, I'm looking to repair it myself. Now, while if I had a DS Lite, that would be easy enough, I've had a real time or two trying to track down information on how to replace a DS Phat shoulder button, or even if the part I would need is still sold. If anyone here has ANY information that could help me repair my old machine, I would be incredibly grateful for any advice I can get.

EpicJungle

stop browbeating me can't you see i'm sexy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can put your lips on it and blow hard..
But don't do it too often (especially when the DS is on)..
the moisture from your mouth will go in the system and may break the screen (as it did to mine
frown.gif
)

Fynolt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crazzy1 said:
the moisture from your mouth will go in the system and may break the screen (as it did to mine
frown.gif
)

Already tried that I'm afraid, and to no avail whatsoever.

shiningnegro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fynolt said:
Crazzy1 said:
frown.gif
)

Already tried that I'm afraid, and to no avail whatsoever.

i thought this was a joke until i saw my friend do it, it does work but it didn't seem like a permanent fix it since he would have to do it at least once a day when we did our Mario Kart runs

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
dunno about DS Phat, but on some DS, you can pull the shoulder button up a lot and it won't pop off...screwed in or something? when I lift it up a lot I can clean it a bit better. I fiddled around a lot with a q-tip, some rubbing alchol, blowing in it...not sure exactly what I did, but my shoulder buttons have worked perfectly since!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night