Hacking How to repack decrypt file back to 3ds rom?

thaosnake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anybody hows to repack decrypt file back to 3ds rom.
I was able to made some change to my pokemon y game to make it harder but dont know how to inject the garc file back and also to repack the whole decrypt file back to a 3ds rom to use on my gateway.
thank you

right now I'm trying to repack all the file to Romfs.Xor.bin and build a rom fro it...

thaosnake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh sorry my name is thaosnake....i been coming here for years but never became a user........if anybody need help i will try my best

I'm been delicating my time off work on the ps vita so I'm hoping maybe my skill can help the 3ds grow too.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's possible. There is a guide on the forums on how to inject your own ROMs into VC releases, look around for it, the same method can be used to replace any files in RomFS and repacking the ROM.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
that method doesnt work for the likes of pokemon though, how i did it was re-xoring the rom to keep it as close to the original as possible, but its much more complicated and in my case (although im sure some people have better methods) more restrictive i.e keeping file sizes the same etc so as to not have to adjust the rom layout etc

but unfortunatly there is no public tools for doing so, and the ones i used where given to me by someone else so i cant share them........but if your truely interested in learning look into how the rom is made and see how you can inject files and re-xor instead of using the makerom method which doesnt work on too many games

PS its not really all that difficult to understand just readup on 3dbrew about stuff like IVFC hashes and the rom layout and hash regions etc.......if you have any sort of programming knowledge it would help speed up the process

thaosnake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it will be possible to create a patch from the modify BLANK.bin and patch to the same rom since repacking all the file with Re-xor is taking forever on some computer and makerom is still not strong as of this moment.

I will try this out later after work

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
thaosnake If you're able to get something working after repacking it, let me know. I'm having quite a bit of trouble making heads or tails of this stuff. Most of the explanations given on the topic are incredibly minuscule portions of what actually needs to be done.

thaosnake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No....also try converting to elf or e file and then back to rom but they all fail....let me know if u found a way to repack file back

thaosnake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe i'm doing this wrong cause what i have is the decrypt folder for of all the file in the game like music, trainer data.
what else do i need to be able to make the rom....since i dont have the banner or icon( dont know where to get them)
plus do i have to convert the file to a romfs to be able to use make rom...
sorry asking lot of questions

thaosnake

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well my pc is down until i get a new one.....if anybody is able to made a hard mod of this game please do a patch so i can try
thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj