Gaming How to reflash a lite-on ??

Golfje

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys,

I have a xbox360 with a lite-on drive running Ixtreme 1.51.
Now i want to reflash this drive when ixtreme 1.61 comes out.

What do i have to do ???

I have the original firmware files, like dummy.bin and so on...

What must i do ??

- Hook up xbox360 by sata on PC
- Startup Jungleflash
- Load the old firmware dummy.bin (load source Firmware)
- Load the new firmware (open target Firmware)
- click on spoof source to target
- click on save to file
- go to MTK flash 32
- click on Lite-On erase
- and at last click on Write

Is this above right or am i missing something ?
-

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Instead of loading the old firmware, just read the firmware off your liteon drive. That way you're sure the drive is recognised.

You using CK3 tool or something? Did someone flash it for you or did you do it yourself? Might have to probe the drive unless it has been soldered before.

Golfje

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sc4rFac3d said:
Instead of loading the old firmware, just read the firmware off your liteon drive. That way you're sure the drive is recognised.

You using CK3 tool or something? Did someone flash it for you or did you do it yourself? Might have to probe the drive unless it has been soldered before.

The first time somebody else have flashed the xbox360... Now i want to do it myself.... I dont have a ck3 tool or something just a sate cable to connect on pc

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Perfect.

I believe Jungleflasher will do the liteon erase even if you do not click it (as in after you press write it will erase it) but doing it the way you just tapped out is the normal/suggested way anyway and some people like to power cycle the drive after an erase*.

*if you do this it will not be as easily detected on power on (as in you can not just press it and it will autodetect like you did the first time) but the port it was on should have been saved, worst case scenario here is you have to open the drive and hit the manual eject bar to set the drive half way/back in vendor mode (the eject logic was part of the firmware which you just erased).

edit: got beaten the punch and perkele's link is good but if for some reason you wanted to dump it again a flashed liteon has the ability to dump data over sata with no special measures (a probe).

Golfje

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
FAST6191 said:
Perfect.

I believe Jungleflasher will do the liteon erase even if you do not click it (as in after you press write it will erase it) but doing it the way you just tapped out is the normal/suggested way anyway and some people like to power cycle the drive after an erase*.

*if you do this it will not be as easily detected on power on (as in you can not just press it and it will autodetect like you did the first time) but the port it was on should have been saved, worst case scenario here is you have to open the drive and hit the manual eject bar to set the drive half way/back in vendor mode (the eject logic was part of the firmware which you just erased).

edit: got beaten the punch and perkele's link is good but if for some reason you wanted to dump it again a flashed liteon has the ability to dump data over sata with no special measures (a probe).

Have somebody a step to step turtuial for reflashing a lite-on ??

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It is the same as flashing a normal liteon but you skip the probe step as you should already have the necessary files.

Golfje

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys

By step to erase the firmware on the liteon i must power of the xbox360 drive, i have powered the xbox360 into the wall... Can i just pull it out and put it back in and turn the xbox360 on???

Must i turn of the xbox360 ??? I'am using a onboard sata controller

I don't have any hardware for flashing because it is flashed already to 1.51.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's dangerous, but it should work. Don't power off your 360, instead pull the power (white) cable from the drive.

Check around Xboxscene or some other site to see people who have succesfully done this before bricking your drive and potentially your mobo. Like I said, it's dangerous but it should work in theory.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE