How to prevent overwriting DS profile exploit?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by jerrokun, Aug 13, 2015.

1. jerrokun
    OP

jerrokun Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    United States
    As a result of a loose battery, the system clock on my 3ds is completely off in both sysnand and emunand. I want to go into system settings and fix this, but I'm worried about overwriting the DS profile exploit, as I don't have a copy of OoT handy. My friend had his overwritten when he changed his 3DS username in emuNAND, and I'm not sure if changing the time will do the same thing.

Can someone give me an overview on what can and cannot be modified in order to keep the DS profile exploit? Will modifying the time in emuNAND cause problems?

2. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    System Settings is a 3ds mode app, and changing the 3ds system time will have no effect. Going to DS wifi settings or changing your ds mode message and color will of course.

Margen67 likes this.
  3. dkabot

dkabot Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own

Sep 9, 2014
    United States
    What was stated above stands, but also note that if you have the MSET exploit set up you don't need OoT to get it back if you launch NDS software, just a NDS flashcart (which is roughly far cheaper than OoT last I saw).

Margen67 likes this.
  4. jerrokun
    OP

jerrokun Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    United States
    Cheers guys! Everything is golden now.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Sounds like you're using Gateway on a n3DS, am I right?
    As long as you have bluecardfix.cia installed to sysNAND, you can use the blue card to reinstall the profile exploit.
    There's a trick to prevent the profile exploit ever being wiped here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/n3ds-do...wiped-for-you-poll.387762/page-4#post-5471977 (only works on n3DS)