How to prepare 3.60 Vita for Sale?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by wurstpistole, Dec 28, 2016.

1. wurstpistole
    OP

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Hi,

I want to sell my 3.60 Vita and am not sure how to prepare it for sale so it doesn't lose Henkaku.
    Would I be able to do a factory reset and it stays on 3.60? Or would that force an update or online activation when setting up the device?

Or do I just remove any games and personal / account information and sell it set up as it is?

Thanks!

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Do a factory reset. It just erases all personal data, and leaves the firmware version intact. Setting up a Vita for the first time doesn't force updates, so whomever buys it will be just fine.

3. wurstpistole
    OP

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Thanks, then I will do that.

4. sTo0z

sTo0z GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2004
    United States
    USA
    When I tried to remove my PSTV from my account, to de-register the console, I was unable. Does that affect anything?

5. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Not really, it means you have one activation slot less on your account for other portable devices for now but you can deactivate the devices remotely from a PC (Once every 6 months).

6. wurstpistole
    OP

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I reset it and when it asked me whether to deactivate it, I just did not do it. So now it is reset, and activated on 3.60, ready to sell.

7. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    Technically is not activated since the system has no PSN account attached anymore... Unless you give the buyer your PSN credentials for him to log-in, he will have to do his own account/activation.

8. wurstpistole
    OP

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    I mean activated as in what you have to do when using the Vita for the first time, which usually also forces you to update. But yeah, my account is none of his business - but then again, it's a 3.60 Vita, so I don't think the buyer is that interested in using it online. :lol: