How to play GC games

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by doggie504, Aug 6, 2012.

Aug 6, 2012

How to play GC games by doggie504 at 1:01 AM (982 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. doggie504
    OP

Newcomer doggie504 Member

United States
    Ok i cant get a straight answer on this, i use cfg loader and USB Loader GX. What folder do the GC games need to be in? Am i doing something wrong?

2. CheatFreak47

Member CheatFreak47 Complex Donut

United States
    So do Some Research in the Wii - Hacking forum. i recommend Dios Mios. Good Luck XD

3. doggie504
    OP

United States
    Well, i tired dios mios, and not matter what program i use and what device i put it on, it wont show my game i have one there and i have it in the correct directory. i saw somewhere that the .iso had to be unzipped is this true?

4. doggie504
    OP

United States
    Ok patched it with DiscEx and it showed up on the SD card slot, still not my hd, but it goes to a black screen after i click on it.

5. BryceOne

BryceOne Newbie

Make sure to use the latest DiosMios 2.2 (Lite version is SD only I believe, so dont use that if games are on USB) and USBLoaderGX (latest revision.. earlier version stopped working after updating DM to 2.2). When testing this out, I would make sure the game is listed on the compatibility list (http://code.google.com/p/diosmios/) So far any game that is GREEN on that list that I have has worked flawlessly. Games go in the HDD folder "games". I think the GC game folder can be anything, I've been naming mine with the 6-digit ID that DiscEx produces then the game title. So it would look like this -- "USB:\\games\123456 GAMETITLE"

NOTE: If you have an older version of DiosMios, uninstall it first before installing 2.2. Don't just overwrite it with the new version (That's what I've seen so I followed that rule)

6. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    If you want to be SURE that your game is at the correct place, in the correct format, correctly named : Dump it yourself !
    Put a gamecube disc (Orignal/backup/multi Iso) in the loader and select Dump feature.
    You will see where it goes on the HDD and how it's named.

Then put your others games on the same place/folder layout.

Be sure to use the latest revision (not version) of the loaders.
    Install DIOS MIOS 2.2 if you want USB loading, or DIOS MIOS Lite if you want SD loading.
    In the loader, select the correct version of the installed MIOS, if the version you select manually in the loader doesn't match the real installed version, then it will load only the inserted game from disc, not the ISO.

7. doggie504
    OP

United States
    Im trying to play windwaker, i used a dump program to get it into the correct format. Also i just downloaded all the files today and made sure they were current. I accidently installed both versions of dios mios, when i try to uninstall dios mios, and go to the loader it says lite is uninstalled. Im going to troubleshoot this more tomorrow.

In dios mios loader its selected as 2.1+ and this game is green on the list.

8. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    You can't install multiple MIOS at the same time.
    Only the last one is available.
    Installing a new one replace the previous one, so there's no need to uninstall.

If you install DIOS MIOS 2.2, you play from USB
    If you install DIOS MIOS Lite 2.2, you play from SD
    If you install MIOS v10, you play only retail discs. (