Hacking how to play gamecube roms

peeters

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hello, i have a wii with softmod! now my son wants to play a gamecube game! is there somewhere a good discription of how to get it working? i tryied many youtube videos , but none of them are working for me! i dont have a wad manager, i heard about dios mios and dios mios lite, but what are the differences? what is the easyest way to get it working! sorry for the bad english! who can help me?

thanks allot!

peeters

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok first thing first Gamecube does not use ROMs but uses ISOs.
Second wrong section.
Third, did you even try searching but since you are new here. http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-play-gamecube-games-off-a-usb-hdd.329628/

thanks for the reply! i did found some info about playing the roms but they weren't clear to me! i will defenitly read your link! can you tell me what is different between dios mios and the lite version, and witch one is the easyest to do? thanks

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for the reply! i did found some info about playing the roms but they weren't clear to me! i will defenitly read your link! can you tell me what is different between dios mios and the lite version, and witch one is the easyest to do? thanks
If you want to put your Gamecube 'roms' - *chuckle* - onto a usb hard drive then use Dios Mios.
If you want to put them on a SD card, use Dios Mios Lite. Simple really, both are pretty much exactly the same to set up, there's no easyest one *chuckle x2*. Follow the instructions by the book without skipping anything (this means setting up the program AND the rom iso placement) and you should be fine.

peeters

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want to put your Gamecube 'roms' - *chuckle* - onto a usb hard drive then use Dios Mios.
If you want to put them on a SD card, use Dios Mios Lite. Simple really, both are pretty much exactly the same to set up, there's no easyest one *chuckle x2*. Follow the instructions by the book without skipping anything (this means setting up the program AND the rom iso placement) and you should be fine.

thank you for the reply! atleast now i know the difference between the to versions! i have already a hdd for my wii roms so i guess it won't be a problem to put the gamecube roms on there! so dios mios it's gonna be!

peeters

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok, today i am starting the build of how to play gamecube games on a wii, but yet i bump in to a few problems! first a question! i already have a hdd with my wii games on them, i have put the games on with wbfs manager, can i put the gamecube roms also on here? it is only 1 partition? i already have a wiiflow version, it says ios58 v6176, so is this ok or how can i update it? ( i don't have a wad manager or something like it? ) just remove it on the sd card? thanks in advance!

peeters

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok, in advance of an answer i downloaded the files in the link of the forum of how to play gamecuwe roms on a hd, and i took a look at the files! in step 2 you say: Download the DIOS MIOS v2.8 RAR. Go to 'DM', then move 'DIOSMIOS_2.8' to the root folder of your SD card, or for easier installation put it in a folder on the root titled 'wad'.. i dont a map called wad, so i just have to make one? i also can not find the DMToolbox.exe file? i downloaded and un packed al 3 items , but i don't see it! thanks

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
-_- reading is difficult.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Get Homebrew Channel running
2. Use DOP-Mii to install the .wad file from Dios Mios
3. Profit

peeters

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
-_- reading is difficult.

Here is what you need to do:

1. Get Homebrew Channel running
2. Use DOP-Mii to install the .wad file from Dios Mios
3. Profit

thnks for the reply i am using google translate, to make it easier for me , sorry for that

BvanBart

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Je bent Nederlands?

Installeer de Homebrew Channel, gebruik dan DOP-Mii (kun je downloaden van www.wiibrew.org) en installeer dan Dios Mios. Zelf zou ik de normale volledige versie gebruiken.

---

So you are Dutch?

Just install the HBC and then use Dop-mii to install the Dios Mios

peeters

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Je bent Nederlands?

Installeer de Homebrew Channel, gebruik dan DOP-Mii (kun je downloaden van www.wiibrew.org) en installeer dan Dios Mios. Zelf zou ik de normale volledige versie gebruiken.

---

So you are Dutch?

Just install the HBC and then use Dop-mii to install the Dios Mios

jup , ben nederlands, het homebrew channel is al geinstalleerd! wii games werken, ik wilde het voor mijn zoontje , speficfiek om 1 spel te spelen,

BvanBart

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Welk spel wilde je spelen? Of loop je nog ergens vast?
Je kunt me ook een PM sturen ;)

---

What game in particular? Do you still have trouble installing everything?
You can also PM me ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche