ROM Hack How to patch translation into rom???

falcon1300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where would I get the translation patch (or whatever you use??) And what do I need do convert the game to english. I really am interested in playing Xenosaga 1 & 2!! But I am trying to figure this out for the first time. I have a M3DS Real and the R4.

DarkSpace

Custom member title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well first find the patch and depending on the patch's type you would go on google and search up the proper patcher. P.S> there is no magic in the game to patch it into english. The patch has to be made by someone.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
You can download the patches for probably over 05% of all translations and ROM hacks in GBAtemp in my thread, the NEW Index of Translations. (It's a sticky at the top of the page)

falcon1300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK- Now I have The rom and the translation patch. How do I get it patched into the game or ROM? I tried using the tsukuyomi UPS that came with the translation but it fails everytime I try to do it and I am not sure how this works. Once I get an understanding of the process I should be good to go for future titles but right now I am trying to understand what goes where and how to patch. Thanks for the help and understanding of dealing with us noobs!

choji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just click on "bypass checksum validation" when you patch it. Although, it isn't recommended but it worked for me anyways.

falcon1300

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep geeting the error message-Failed! Input checksum is invalid

I tried to bypass also and the games does not have the translation in it when I play it. I used the program that came with the patch but no luck. Is there another way to input the patch into the game with another program?

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same problem right now, did anyone ever fix this issue or find the "right checksum" rom?

I got lucky, I checked the bypass checksum validation option and it worked!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up