How to patch system menu for wiiware ?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dan_s, Jan 22, 2010.

Jan 22, 2010
  1. dan_s
    OP

Newcomer dan_s Member

Canada
    i can't get wiiware to run consistently from a SDCard. Some work, some dont, and then ones that worked don't work now. They just load for hald a second and say failed to launch.

I did some searching and found out i have to patch my system menu. Did some more searching but couldnt find out how to do that.

Could anyone advise please ??

I am on 4.2u, installed the 3 ios for wiiware, and running ios249 rev17 if it makes any difference.

Thanks

2. moc

Newcomer moc Advanced Member

United Kingdom
  3. rkChdrkls

Newcomer rkChdrkls Member

United States
    I have the same problem but on system menu 4.1, and have read about others to, it seems that
    dop ios mod 10.1 is not applying the sig hash check even after selecting to apply it.
    I Start Dop-IOS MOD via Homebrew Channel. Press A to continue. Select a trucha-signed IOS (IOS249 in my case) and press A
    Select to update IOS, pick IOS60 and select to install IOS60v6174, press A to install and then A to apply sig hash check and it downloads using wifi and installs with no error messages.
    Problem is the Trucha bug has not been applied to the newly installed installed IOS60v6174.
    I have read that it is only possible to install this by downloading an already patched IOS60 and installing in offline mode.
    Is this a bug in DOP IOS mod or by design.

4. dan_s
    OP

Newcomer dan_s Member

Canada
    I think im going to go the other route, and try to patch the specific wiiware i want to use.
    i didnt like that warning on the google site about priiloader and bricking and have chickened out.

Hopefully in a few months Triiforce will be more compatable and this will be a moot point anyways.