Hacking | How to NEVER update sysNAND |

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
  • Don't turn on your internet connection.
  • Don't install update CIAs on NAND.
  • Make sure your system settings show Rei, RX, or related in front of version if you are making an attempt to upgrade emuNAND.
  • Unlink emuNAND from sysNAND. This is done by formatting either sysNAND or emuNAND. Most individuals format sysNAND. To do this, boot into sysNAND and follow these instructions.
  • Keep in mind Pasta CFW does NOT boot emuNAND. Pasta is limited to booting only sysNAND.
  • Do not setup the same theme on sysNAND and emuNAND. Have one theme setup exclusively for sysNAND and have another theme exclusively for emuNAND.
  • Install Menuhax to your sysNAND ASAP. This allows you to circumvent booting sysNAND altogether.
  • Delete wireless access point settings from sysNAND. To do this, first boot sysNAND then follow these instructions: Go to System Settings > Internet Settings > Connection Settings > Select Connection 1, 2, and/or 3 > Select Delete Settings > Select Delete
  • If you must have internet settings [on sysNAND], setup TubeHax DNS [on sysNAND]. To do this, follow these instructions: Go to network, click on your network, click on edit, go to DNS, click on NO and advanced settings, use this DNS: 107.211.140.065
  • Keep in mind CakesFW does not have the altered version string

Credits:
95% Krakatau
5% People who posted useful stuff in this topic

Last edited by Krakatau,

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you for your intelligent contribution to the topic, somewhere around the top corner you see your username, if you browse over it several options might appear (might be overwhelming for your IQ) but there is one underneath called 'Log Out'. Do me a favour and click it.

Krakatau

Nintendo 3DS XL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Also disable spot pass; I've heard you can auto update from Nintendo Zones
There are DNS servers for that, let me update the topic...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There's never any need for this thread. A lot of people already have common sense, you know.
Unless it can be somewhat improved...
Which will happen once people post viable solutions and tips.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you for your intelligent contribution to the topic, somewhere around the top corner you see your username, if you browse over it several options might appear (might be overwhelming for your IQ) but there is one underneath called 'Log Out'. Do me a favour and click it.
Sometimes i wonder if i really should leave this country! but then i realize every country has and need ppl like this!

Reactions: DinohScene

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's never any need for this thread. A lot of people already have common sense, you know.
Unless it can be somewhat improved...

I'm sorry, I would have to disagree. Alot of members don't have common sense, or else they wouldn't be rushing into downgrading there systems so quickly ending up in a soft brick/brick/hard brick situation. I've seen alot of posts that didn't make any sense but yet they stand by there statement, even though it hasn't been proven, and end up being quiet for some time in hopes that their post doesn't get resurfaced.

Again, not alot of members here have common sense. Some do.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well I almost got problems once, it was the only time where I could understand how to "accidentally" update sysNAND.

I went on the eShop on emuNAND to download something, whatever. But it said "not enough space, go to data management and remove things", and gave me a button to get there so I clicked. I deleted things, then exited that menu. For those who didn't follow everything, that menu is in the settings app, so exiting this reboots the device. Except that since I used the button in the eShop to get there, it launched the eShop right after the reboot, so I could get back to my purchase, ... but on sysNAND, it never triggered menuhax, I never saw my home menu with a theme different than that on sysNAND and stuff. So I basically ran things on emuNAND and landed on sysNAND eShop where it obviously told me "your 3DS is outdated, please update". Which I didn't do since I'm not that of an idiot.

But apart from that very specific case, I don't see how people can update their sysNAND without having made something stupid (like menuhax that requires a key to boot to emuNAND). Even I did something stupid in that case (even though I didn't go to the end of stupidity, accepting the update), which was having internet set up on my sysNAND (used for browserhax before I set up menuhax and friends).

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Look, i don't care if the post is needed or not, i can understand your need to do it, to warn ppl (without common sense, like @tony_2018 says) but PLEASE!
you should have investigated it a bit more, give ppl a guide on how to do it instead of 3 short lines with no explanation.

like,
- you should know that CakesCFW doesn't show anything in front of it's emunand version
- etc...

So again, please do your homework and make it a descent warning thread that's usefull for those that still don't know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over