Hacking How to make New N3DS LL region free

ninfas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this has been asked before, as I have searched.

I want to buy a Japanese New Nintendo 3DS (LL). Is it possible to make it region free for US/PAL back up games to play in english using CFW and/or Flashcard?

If so Which flashcard is the best one to use? I have read about the Sky3DS card which has got good reviews.

Is there a link to a guide?

Thanks in advance

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't waste your money on any of the 3DS flashcarts, they aren't worth the price to have something you can do for free/cheap. My suggestion is the follow The Guide, and check out what options you have. If you have an NTRBoot compatible cart, I suggest using that to install B9S and Luma3DS.

Xellar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Sorry if this has been asked before, as I have searched.

I want to buy a Japanese New Nintendo 3DS (LL). Is it possible to make it region free for US/PAL back up games to play in english using CFW and/or Flashcard?

If so Which flashcard is the best one to use? I have read about the Sky3DS card which has got good reviews.

Is there a link to a guide?

Thanks in advance

I have the same question. In CFW, is your device region free? If not, how can you play games from other regions?

Quoted from the 3ds.guide site:

Q: Can I use this to play games from other regions?
A: Luma3DS supports Region Free patches, which enables users to install games from any region without any extra modification or steps.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma automatically makes the 3DS region free, but the system itself stays in Japanese. If you want you can region change, but that will break your eShop & any sleep downloading in freeShop.

Reactions: Quantumcat

TheMooX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like others said, you can easily play any region game thanks to luma. I also have a Japanese n3dsll , and that's your best choice. Once done, you can easily install games from any region with their cia files.

There is one potential problem that can be easily solved, some us or eu games can have the Japanese language installed, or some games may crashed if not set up on the appropriate region.
To fix that, turn "enable game patch" on in Luna's menu at boot, and use a Homebrew called "luma locales" that allows you to force a region and a language for any installed title.

Pm me if you have any question about it :)

Reactions: emuashui

ninfas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Many Thanks to everyone, very helpful.

One other question, Can I play DS games from any region using the luma and/or flashcards?

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant playing any region ds games on jap new n3ds?
You don't even need CFW to do that. The only DS games that are region locked have black carts (instead of dark gray) and say TWL near the bottom of the label rather than NTR, but I'm not sure if you can get around that region locking.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You don't even need CFW to do that. The only DS games that are region locked have black carts (instead of dark gray) and say TWL near the bottom of the label rather than NTR, but I'm not sure if you can get around that region locking.
That's because those are DSi (enhanced; DSi exclusives are bright white) games :)
Yes, most CFWs have region-free patches for DSi mode too!

Reactions: SCOTT0852

hardiee00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Like others said, you can easily play any region game thanks to luma. I also have a Japanese n3dsll , and that's your best choice. Once done, you can easily install games from any region with their cia files.

There is one potential problem that can be easily solved, some us or eu games can have the Japanese language installed, or some games may crashed if not set up on the appropriate region.
To fix that, turn "enable game patch" on in Luna's menu at boot, and use a Homebrew called "luma locales" that allows you to force a region and a language for any installed title.

Hi there. I'm planning to purchase new Nintendo 2DS LL. As I researched the device would be region locked and would boot up with Japanese native language. I would like to understand how did you manage to install CFW on it. And also how did you manage to change the system language. Pardon me if it's a naive question. Thanks and regards.

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi there. I'm planning to purchase new Nintendo 2DS LL. As I researched the device would be region locked and would boot up with Japanese native language. I would like to understand how did you manage to install CFW on it. And also how did you manage to change the system language. Pardon me if it's a naive question. Thanks and regards.

post #2 , #7 .

Reactions: Quantumcat

hardiee00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
post #2 , #7 .
Hello. I'm aware of the guide However I don't understand Japanese at all. How would I manage to navigate through the steps initially? Also the initial step for CFW requires to download some play app Is it available on Japanese version?

WiseFool

Trophies
XP
Country
India

Do you mean that once cfw is installed you will get English system language and play games in English?

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol