How to make an all-white 2DS. Input welcome.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by zeello, Oct 15, 2014.

1. zeello
    OP

zeello The reason we can't have nice things.

Apr 15, 2013
    United States
    The other day I found out there was a pink/white 2DS released in australia. I instantly theorized that you could buy that and a white/pink american Disney 2DS and swap the cases to end up with an all-white 2DS.

I wasn't considering doing it, it was nothing more than a funny thought. But I'd like to discuss whether this is viable.

Although there are three models with a white face (the white/red European model, Sea Green, and the american white/pink model mentioned above) it seems most practical to go with the white/pink model since that way you can have not only an all-white 2DS but on top of that an all-pink 2DS. You could keep the white one, sell the pink one, or vice-versa.

There are a few questions lingering in my head:
    - How much will it be to get an australian pink 2DS? Obviously it will cost more than buying one locally but I hope it's not too much more.
    - Would it be cheaper to just paint the 2DS in the color you want? This option seems harder and presents a much higher margin of error. You still have to take apart the 2DS in order to do it, but on top of that you have to buy several spray cans and chances are (as someone who has never case painted before) I will mess up, or (even if you have case painted before) the case won't have quite the same feel as the original surface. At least by buying a 2nd 2DS you end up with two 2DS's so technically it is cheaper than painting.
    - Is there a market for all-white/all-pink 2DS's? And is Nintendo going to release an all-white 2DS on their own, making all the effort a waste?
    - Would it be so awesome if someone did this, or is it just a waste of time?

Thoughts please

edit: On second thought it's not the same shade of pink. This could make the "all pink" 2DS not as sexy as previously thought, but it still makes no sense to go with a sea green or white/red 2DS. Mixing red or teal with pink will look even worse than two different shades of pink.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

How about this. Make an all-white 2DS, and then paint the other black? (or whatever color, but fully black seems the most obvious) (or maybe gray, so it blends in with the circle pad)

2. jonthedit

jonthedit GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 30, 2011
    Bangladesh
    Do it.
    Full white = $$$$$PROFIT
    There are lots of white DS fans.
    WHITE (dualscreen) POWER! :glare:

In all seriousness, I could definitely see a White 2DS in the future.

3. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    I would think that some out there might like an all pink 2DS too :P

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Aftermarket cases.
    Much cheaper solution imho.

5. zeello
    OP

Apr 15, 2013
    United States
    Show me please!

6. zeello
    OP

Apr 15, 2013
    United States
    Maybe paint it sand color, and the edge brown, so it literally looks like a piece of toast.

7. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I got no clue where to get them.
    But when the time comes, there's bound to come aftermarket cases as well.

jonthedit likes this.
  8. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    Who would want an all pink 2DS or a 2DS at all that stupid thing is a piece of junk I had it less than a month & the volume slider somehow broke I'm glad I traded up inorder to get the NN3DS XL