How to make a translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by mishydishy, Aug 12, 2008.

Aug 12, 2008

How to make a translation by mishydishy at 4:17 AM (1,096 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. mishydishy
    OP

Newcomer mishydishy Member

United States
    Hello, I figured you all could help. I found a translation online for a game, and I also have that game. I was wondering if you all could point me to some resources that would explain how to translate the game itself. All I'm looking to do is replace the text in the game. Could you all help?

2. DarthNemesis

Member DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  3. mishydishy
    OP

United States
    Currently, I have zero expierience, and I got a bunch of books about hexidecimals, table programming, etc. I was wondering if someon with translator expierience could act as a mentor for me, to help me out here and there. I would be doing most, if not all, of the work, I would just need someone to help out a complete newbie like me. And yes, I understand it's rediculous to try a translation for something like that with no expierience, but eveyr has to start somewhere.
    Also, I would like to know if the disgaea translation was discontinued due to and official english release being announced.
    DarthNemesis: Thaks for the link. Really helpful. I think it will take a while, but I think already having the actual translation done will save some time.

4. Shyvnal

Member Shyvnal GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Heh, because of the "PPrriinnccee" problem i stopped but a menu patch was still made, i still have the script if you want it for whatever reason.
    See my posts (and others) here and here

5. mishydishy
    OP

United States
    No, it's okay, I was just curious as to why you even bothered translating any of it if it was going to be translated officially anyways/

6. GameSoul

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    Either they didn't know or didn't want to wait.