Hacking How to: Loading Modified Game files?

Agent005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to: Loading Modified Game files?

As in, boot game from normal backup disc and load modified game files from say the SD?

Any way to do this?

Using: NeoGamma R9 Beta 16
Disc: DVD-R 4.7 GB
Burn Speed: 4x
HBC version: 1.06
cIOS 249: R19
SD's available at my disposal: PNY 2 GB microSD (one I use for the Wii), OCZ 2 GB microSD, Kingston 4 GB microSDHC

My attempt:
At first, I tried Wii Scrubber 1.4 to replace the file I modified directly in the ISO. The ISO booted perfectly fine in the Dolphin emulator.

However, burning the ISO to a DVD and loading it on a real Wii with NeoGamma, it gets stuck on the game's loading screen. The un-modified backup always worked fine. I tried Verbatim media and also some old HP media I had around, both had same symptoms.

I've tried googling and researching for 3 hours straight doing this (yes.... 3 hours).

So then I thought, what about loading the modified files off of an external source (like, the SD that's always plugged in). But I don't know how to do that.

You guys have any idea what to do?

Thanks.

Agent005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like EXACTLY what I'm looking for... but I need something like that that's compatible with NeoGamma
tongue.gif

Agent005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CoD: MW Reflex.

I'm just doing simple mods: modifying ONE file inside ONE .ff file.

I put the modified .ff file into the ISO with WiiScrubber and tested with DOLPHIN v2.0 and SVN 5587. The ISO loaded up correctly and the modifications were working.

As I said though, burning the ISO to a DVD and then loading it on a real Wii with NeoGamma fails to work. It freezes right after "Loading..." disappears (when the intro video is supposed to show up).

The funny part is, the file I modified has not even loaded yet at this point (I don't think it has).

Hope you guys can help
tongue.gif

Agent005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys:

I just tried re-doing the process with two different apps: WiiScrubber v1.4 and Trucha Signer v0.21
I re-dumped two clean unmodified ISOs (identical, verified with MD5 and SHA-1 hashing).

Doing the same mod (file replacement) on both. The resultant ISOs had much much different hashes.

I burn both of them to blank DVDs... sure enough WiiScrubber one gets stuck at "Loading.." again...

BUT the Trucha one WORKED! The mods all worked too...

Agent005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:
Replacing the modificated files by the originals files. You need signing bug for this or NeoGamma if you doesn´t have modchip.

Or Rvlution
I do use NeoGamma... in both situations.

Agent005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is odd, but at least now I have a working solution:

Agent005 said:
I burn both of them to blank DVDs... sure enough WiiScrubber one gets stuck at "Loading.." again...

BUT the Trucha one WORKED! The mods all worked too...

It would still be ideal not having to burn a new DVD every time I mod something though
tongue.gif

But it's still strange, why did it work on Trucha Signer, but not on WiiScrubber? I thought these apps work the same way?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1