How to install title updates??

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by dumbninja22, Jul 19, 2017.

1. dumbninja22
    OP

dumbninja22 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    Canada
    How do I install game updates with WUP Installer Y mod?

Right now it's about 35% into installing BOTW, how do I also install the update after it is done?

And yes, I have downloaded and copied the update to the SD using the USB Helper.

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Download the update with Wii U USB Helper (or something like it) and install the update the same way you installed the game.

Edit: If you want to install DLC, you must have CFW (like Mocha) running when you install it. You must also run CFW each time you want to play a game with illegitimate DLC installed.

3. dumbninja22
    OP

dumbninja22 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    Canada
    So after the game is done installing, it will send me back to homebrew. From there I just go back to the WUP loader and press + and X one more time to install the update?

Also, another unrelated question, how do I play online for a bit/browse MiiVerse/eShop without my console going to 5.5.2?

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You have to download the update and put it onto your SD card first, but yes. You can then install the update the exact same way you installed the game. The same goes for DLC, except DLC requires you to be running CFW when you install/run it.

As for playing online, that still currently works on 5.5.1. If you haven't already done so, it is highly recommended that you block updates on your Wii U so you don't accidentally install 5.5.2.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the eShop requires NNU Patcher. Everything else runs fine on 5.5.1. I would also recommend using Wii U USB Helper instead of running the eShop.

Last edited by Lacius, Jul 19, 2017
  5. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    As long as you have dns blockers on you will be fine to go online and browse Miiverse and pay online on a lower firmware to access the eshop you need to download nnu patcher. Start homebrew and select nnu patcher the wiiu will reset and then you just start the eshop.

Lacius likes this.
  6. dumbninja22
    OP

dumbninja22 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    Canada
    So the DNS block which I just added (right before it was going to 5.5.2!) won't prevent online gaming on games like Super Mario Maker? What about Miiverse?

The last time I tried browsing MiiVerse with the DNS blocker a few weeks ago, I don't think it let me.

7. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Yes all online games will work as will Miiverse I was just using it lol you probably just tried at a time Miiverse was down for maintenance which is quite offen and you thought the dns blockers stopped it working

8. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Using the update-blocking DNS will allow you to play online without updating to 5.5.2. Online play and the MiiVerse should work just fine. The eShop will not work with the DNS you're using, regardless of whether or not you're on 5.5.2.

Marko76 likes this.
  9. dumbninja22
    OP

dumbninja22 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2017
    Canada
    Alright good to know, thanks!

What about game updates for games I own?

10. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You can still download game updates for games you own using Wii U USB Helper. In the case of updates, there's no difference betwene what you download from the eShop and what you download from Wii U USB Helper.

11. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Yes or the easiest way to update games is to

Start the wiiu
    Load homebrew browser
    Select nnu patcher
    Load eshop
    Exit out of eshop and select the game that needs updated
    The game update will now download