Status
Not open for further replies.

Katarsys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I already tried all the methods, except MacOS with no results. Can it be the isp?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
To do it all at once you use linebreaks: |
ie:
Code:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone/nzone.sh|chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh|/tmp/nzone.sh

What do you mean? "|" is a pipe, i.e. all output from the first command is transferred to input of a second command and so on. In this case it is not needed. ";" means just next command, "&&" can be used, it just "If previous command was successfull"

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm retarded, no wonder stopping nas didn't help when I tried doing that.. derp
Just shows how much memory can deteriorate in a couple years

KamikiriTW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Version 3 unified script beta for DD-WRT and WL500G Custom aka "Oleg" firmware
The same as v2 just with hourly list autoupdate and easy installatin, just run in Telnet/SSH (NOT command window):
Code:
wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://duke-srg.dyndns.org/3ds/nzone/nzone.sh; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh
Reboot will be commitet after installation is done. Installs itself for cron to run every minute, the MAC change period controlled inside the script to match 8 hours interval depending on the number of MACs used.

My god.....:wacko:
i finally know what the problem with me.....
i'm retarded,:rofl:
thank duke_srg help me to find the problem,

i'm already have a wireless router in my home,
but the router can't update to DD-WRT,
so i bought one more wireless router for home pass,
and i connected like this,
K0pHi1u.jpg

well,V1 script is work fine and perfectly,
but V2 & V3 script will not work in this case,

i think the reason is V2 & V3 script need loading code from URL,
but,router B on the second layer,can't connect to the internet by itself,
even enable WAN to statics ip or DHCP,
V2 & V3 script is still not work,

my router A is 192.168.1.1,
router B is 192.168.1.2,
i set router B gateway=192.168.1.1,
Local DNS=255.255.255.0,
is not work,
but changed DNS to 8.8.8.8,
V3 script is can be install right now,
no more "nzone.sh not found",
mac is changed after few minute,
working fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank TheForce81 & srwgin tell me the way!!
Thank duke_srg write the script!!

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You did configure router B with the gateway and DNS of the ip address of router A didn't you?

Reactions: KamikiriTW

pavlos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i want to get streetpasses for fire emblem awakening...what mac adressess should i choose ?

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Posted on IGN now... prepared for this system to be soon gone.

It would be hard for them to change this, then they will have to ban MAC addresses which we can circumvent and they will end up changing the whole system to block this happening. I do not see them changing the way it works. I think the real relay points do not want to change it all up for a complicated system only to help Nintendo block us Homepassers.

Also, I think Nintendo doesn't really care about this, what is the problem/damage for them?

shadowdogg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It would be hard for them to change this, then they will have to ban MAC addresses. I do not see them changing the way it works. I think the real relay points do not want to change it all up for a complicated system only to help Nintendo block us Homepassers.

Also, I think Nintendo doesn't really care about this, what is the problem/damage for them?

Banning fake mac addresses? Easy! Checking the origin IP? Even easier.

The reason this exists is to BRING your 3DS wherever you go. 'Homepass' completely ruins the point. Anyway, I am just going to let it ride out. It isn't exciting as when you go out somewhere and find a streetpass waiting for you so it is becoming a bit tiresome.

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The reason this exists is to BRING your 3DS wherever you go. 'Homepass' completely ruins the point. Anyway, I am just going to let it ride out. It isn't exciting as when you go out somewhere and find a streetpass waiting for you so it is becoming a bit tiresome.

I'm still happy to be able to complete the mini games which took me since launch to complete. I've doubled my streetpasses, which is worth it to me. I probably will lower the timings though, so I only get 10 or 20 a day rather than as many as I want :D

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

It is true that it is less exciting, but getting streetpasses here in the Netherlands is like having good games when the 3DS first came out ;) so I would otherwise have never gotten anything complete or finished. So, I take that hit in excitement. Even if I get a SP here, it normally is pretty useless on my end.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is anyone running home_zone interested in having a similar to ddwrt/wl500g easy install script with auto MAC cycle? I'm working on a solution but need testing.

Sordid_

Trophies
XP
Country
Updated the main post with v3 Beta script. Seems to work fine for one night on my DIR-615 DD-WRT, but did not test on WL500G yet.

What firmware are you using on your DIR-615? I have a DIR-615 D2 with firmware 21061 and none of the scripts work for me. I tried script v3 via telnet and it seemed to work successfully, the router rebooted but no streetpasses :sad:

If I change the mac manually via clone mac it works fine, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What firmware are you using on your DIR-615? I have a DIR-615 D2 with firmware 21061 and none of the scripts work for me. I tried script v3 via telnet and it seemed to work successfully, the router rebooted but no streetpasses :sad:
If I change the mac manually via clone mac it works fine, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
I personally have DIR-615 E4 with 21061, and all posted scripts are working. Try restarting cron daemon like this
Code:
stopservice cron
startservice cron
Keep in mind, that v3 script only changes MAC once per 480/number_of_MAC_in_list minutes to match the StreetPass cooldown timeout for a MAC. I.e. for BASE16 it will be every 30 minutes. You can't check MAC changed in Web GUI, just try
Code:
ifconfig ath0
and see the HWaddress changed or not. You can also check if MAC lists is downloaded successfully:
Code:
cat /tmp/nzone.macs
It should be there, because script called every minute and if MAC list not exist, it will force download it. If not, you probably do not have DNS servers configured properly on a router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/_4oRbWv0veA?si=rOKCuNsE0oUCvEwa