How to harm red ganon?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by chartube12, Mar 29, 2017.

1. chartube12
    OP

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    How does Link damage C-Ganon once he turns red? I can quickly get Ganon's health down to a 8th. Unfortunately, he turns a glowing blood red color and stops taking damage. What do i next to damage him?

*i am too lazy to search through the guide, plus this may help others out.*

2. netovsk

netovsk GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 17, 2015
    Brazil
    Deflect his beams with your shield (perfect parry) or goron power

NekoMichi likes this.
  3. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I've beaten Ganon twice, and I don't know the proper way to hurt him in that state. What does work though is Daruk's Protection countering an attack of his in that state, making him vulnerable to be hit with melee weapons. But I'm certain there is probably a proper way to actually hurt him in that state if you have used up your Daruk's Protection (or don't even have it), but I don't know what that proper way is.

edit: Ninja'd, I understand now, using a shield with perfect parry makes sense and was a skill I very rarely have made much use of, so I can see why it didn't occur to me.

Last edited by duffmmann, Mar 29, 2017
  4. chartube12
    OP

chartube12 GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    I am horrible at deflecting beams. I die 98% of the time try. And i use up the magic shield too quickly. It sucks it only has 3 charges and takes hours to recharge. Seriously, whoevers idea it was to make the blissings only recharge if you used their max charges up, should be fired!

5. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Use urbosas lightning attack and it puts him down and removes the red for a few seconds so you can beat him with ur sword.

chartube12 likes this.
  6. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng A not so serious guy tbh... ;D

Aug 15, 2012
    New Caledonia
    Inside your miiind, and poof.
    The trick is to parry a second after you see the beam glow before shooting, like when a guardian's eye first lights up. Any time earlier and you get hit, any time late your shield breaks.

7. duffmmann

duffmmann GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 11, 2009
    United States
    I think the recharging system is fair. The trick is to not use Daruk's protection until that part of the fight if you're unable to perfect parry. Its really not that hard to do. Also Urbosa's lightning can hurt him as well in that state I believe.