Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
noslo50 said:
Okay Im a newbiee, I am trying to fnd more info maybe someone can help :

My Wii is a US NTSC version the firmware is 3.4U

can I still install Homebrew without downgrading ( Ive heard that downgrading is more liable to brick a Wii)
read the october 23r fix thread

Also if I do get teh homebrew and downlad games do I need to look for any certion tye of IO ( size, ntsc, etc)
You don't need to, but most people have more luck with same region games

I've seen where more folks have better results using DVD-R media and a slow burn so I assume that is the general case.
dvd-r media = yes. Slow burn = no, read the burning guide

If I download games and use the homebrew hannel to load them and say a game has online play (internet what ever you want to call it) will I still be able to do so?
Yes

What happens if I get another update, Don't update
what happens f a game does an update Block it using starfall
am or should I if I proceed diable the Wii24 connect so my system doesnt do updates
No need, you're asked confirmation

Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Oh I got here by looking around after I was mislead in joinning UnlimitedWiiDownloads.com inwhich 2 of there support reps told me that using there software I could download games without any mods and play them on my Wii console.. I lost my job few months back and dont have much money to waste on sams like thiers so anyhelp to point me in the right direction like I said would be greatly apperciated.. Thanks

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
HaniKazmi said:
noslo50 said:
Okay Im a newbiee, I am trying to fnd more info maybe someone can help :

My Wii is a US NTSC version the firmware is 3.4U

can I still install Homebrew without downgrading ( Ive heard that downgrading is more liable to brick a Wii)
read the october 23r fix thread

Also if I do get teh homebrew and downlad games do I need to look for any certion tye of IO ( size, ntsc, etc)
You don't need to, but most people have more luck with same region games

I've seen where more folks have better results using DVD-R media and a slow burn so I assume that is the general case.
dvd-r media = yes. Slow burn = no, read the burning guide

If I download games and use the homebrew hannel to load them and say a game has online play (internet what ever you want to call it) will I still be able to do so?
Yes

What happens if I get another update, Don't update
what happens f a game does an update Block it using starfall
am or should I if I proceed diable the Wii24 connect so my system doesnt do updates
No need, you're asked confirmation

Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Oh I got here by looking around after I was mislead in joinning UnlimitedWiiDownloads.com inwhich 2 of there support reps told me that using there software I could download games without any mods and play them on my Wii console.. I lost my job few months back and dont have much money to waste on sams like thiers so anyhelp to point me in the right direction like I said would be greatly apperciated.. Thanks
what hani said is correct and I wonder why you guys get stuck with scams rather than searching and doing some more homework
wink.gif

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No offence BIG MOE but the way your guide looks is not that great. IMHO, the formatting could be improved for more visual appeal. And consider adding in some screen shots.

By the way, around what time will that link to v3 or whatever thing that you mentioned near the end of your 1st post release? Just wondering .. also PM with files please.

Another question. This is what I plan on doing (having troubles with NFS: Undercover).
I have a modded Nintendo Wii (with Wii Key 2) and I can play Wii backups (haven't tried GC as no controller .. could get one if I need one from a friend though) perfectly. But Need for Speed: Undercover requires me to update. And I'm pretty sure (haven't tested so I don't waste discs) if I remove the update with Wii Update Manager (WUM) or some similar program like that, the game will not work at all (002 error, blue or black screen, stuff like that).

Onwards to my plan:
-install the update through the NFS: Undercover disc so I will remain at 3.3U but the IOS required will be installed and I can play the game properly
-since I updated through the disc, it will save me time later so I don't have to install a 002 fix later on (through a variety of ways)
-install the HBC through your guide (yours is the best, includes downgrade, and emulators which I really want)
Will this allow me to play backups still and homebrew still? What if I don't do the 2nd step (HBC), will my backups still work?

Just want to confirm with an expert.

Thanks

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
IOwnAndPwnU said:
No offence BIG MOE but the way your guide looks is not that great. IMHO, the formatting could be improved for more visual appeal. And consider adding in some screen shots.
none is taking , each one have his own way to deliver his projects and that's mine
wink.gif
however you have your own opinion
wink.gif

IOwnAndPwnU said:
By the way, around what time will that link to v3 or whatever thing that you mentioned near the end of your 1st post release? Just wondering .. also PM with files please.
links are given by PM only as I mentioned
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Another question. This is what I plan on doing (having troubles with NFS: Undercover).
I have a modded Nintendo Wii (with Wii Key 2) and I can play Wii backups (haven't tried GC as no controller .. could get one if I need one from a friend though) perfectly. But Need for Speed: Undercover requires me to update. And I'm pretty sure (haven't tested so I don't waste discs) if I remove the update with Wii Update Manager (WUM) or some similar program like that, the game will not work at all (002 error, blue or black screen, stuff like that).
there is a fix for error 002 in my installer and many other guides in the forums
QUOTE(IOwnAndPwnU @ Feb 2 2009, 04:58 AM)
Onwards to my plan:
-install the update through the NFS: Undercover disc so I will remain at 3.3U but the IOS required will be installed and I can play the game properly
-since I updated through the disc, it will save me time later so I don't have to install a 002 fix later on (through a variety of ways)
-install the HBC through your guide (yours is the best, includes downgrade, and emulators which I really want)
Will this allow me to play backups still and homebrew still? What if I don't do the 2nd step (HBC), will my backups still work?

Just want to confirm with an expert.

Thanks
if you need the fix as I mentioned , it is available , but if you want to tell me how to do it !! you don't have to cause I do know how , however this should be your project to work on and find out the results , good luck from me and you are very welcome
wink.gif

newton316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys im currently on 3.3u and would like to downgrade to 3.2u as its the most reliable so they say...anyway, i already have the HBC and the downgrader in my SD but i can't downgrade as i have no internet connection on my wii...is there anyway i can downgrade back to 3.2u without internet connection?how?thanks a bunch...

strife18

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Big Moe. Thanks for the awesome tutorial and the files.
Everything for the most part went great except a few things that seemed odd for me. I thought I would post them here to see if they are things that I did wrong or if that is just the way things are.

First off everything up to the starfall installation. No matter what I press (B+1), (B+1) twice, (B+1) then (B+2), (B+2) then (B+1). It just fails and sends me back to the HBC. I have tried many many times and no luck. I checked and my system did get downgraded to 3.2U so I don't think that is the issue. Is there any trick to this or should I try something else?

In any case I skipped that for the time being and moved on (hopefully that doesn't make too much difference if I do it later).

Next I did the Wiishop install. It says you should say yes then no....Well I wasn't given that option, I agreed and it installed and that was it. I was like oh well, then performed the 2nd Wiishop install. I went to the store afterwards and it allowed me to connect and my previous points were there so I think there isn't any problems there.

Next I installed Gamma using the wad installer. That went alright, there was an error but then it said successful so I think it should be ok (if not let me know).
I tested it out but was getting error 324's on all my backups. I used Memorex hoping they would work (thats just what I had at home) but I guess not. I am picking up some Verbatims today so we will see how that works.

So far that is all I have done, so if anyone has any pointers or comments feel free.
Thanks again Big Moe

gonzoPHD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
strife18 said:
Hey Big Moe. Thanks for the awesome tutorial and the files.
Everything for the most part went great except a few things that seemed odd for me. I thought I would post them here to see if they are things that I did wrong or if that is just the way things are.

First off everything up to the starfall installation. No matter what I press (B+1), (B+1) twice, (B+1) then (B+2), (B+2) then (B+1). It just fails and sends me back to the HBC. I have tried many many times and no luck. I checked and my system did get downgraded to 3.2U so I don't think that is the issue. Is there any trick to this or should I try something else?

In any case I skipped that for the time being and moved on (hopefully that doesn't make too much difference if I do it later).

Next I did the Wiishop install. It says you should say yes then no....Well I wasn't given that option, I agreed and it installed and that was it. I was like oh well, then performed the 2nd Wiishop install. I went to the store afterwards and it allowed me to connect and my previous points were there so I think there isn't any problems there.

Next I installed Gamma using the wad installer. That went alright, there was an error but then it said successful so I think it should be ok (if not let me know).
I tested it out but was getting error 324's on all my backups. I used Memorex hoping they would work (thats just what I had at home) but I guess not. I am picking up some Verbatims today so we will see how that works.

So far that is all I have done, so if anyone has any pointers or comments feel free.
Thanks again Big Moe

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, Big Moe.

But strife18... You installed the WiiShop properly. I think the instructions "say yes, then no" are still referring to V2 of the installer. In V3 it just does its thing, without requiring an answer from you. With Gamma, I believe the network install is usually preferred - but your problem is most likely with your media. Are you using DVD-R's and not DVD+R's? +R's may work once in a while - but usually give 324, -R's are more reliable and what are recommended. With regard to Starfall, it can be tricky getting the B+1/2 to work. Most people recommend continually mashing them together, and eventually it will take. Hope that helps.

strife18

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I've tried DVD-r Memorex and Verbatims at both 2x and 4x speeds and still nothing. I have no idea what to do from here. Still getting read error 324. I also tried softchip and am getting an [oct] error. So i tried reinstalling gamma, im not sure if i have to uninstall or if i can just install overtop of it but when I did it came up with an error -2011 just like before but then tells me IOS installed successfully. But still the same error for backups.
As for starfall...its just getting annoying now. I have no idea what im doing wrong. I wait a few seconds, press B and 1 at the exact same time, sometimes it registers and says failed, sometimes after a few presses it does the same.

Should I be doing something else or maybe even a reinstall of everything?

Edit: Don't answer any of the above. I'm good now.

Thanks Gonzo for trying to help. I did a few things like reading through quite a few of pages in this thread and eventually decided to upgrade back to 3.4. I went through all the instructions once again. I even came across someone saying switch from B+1 to B+2 fast until it works... and it did, kinda stupid but it worked. Once I did that I was able to install Starfall options. When I came across the Gamma loader install this time I did the network install first, where last time I did the wad. This time no errors and low and behold...the backups work. Not only the Verbatims that I went and bought today, but all (well a few, I haven't tested them all yet) of the Memorex coasters I thought I had made worked.

Thanks Big Moe for the Installer. It worked great after a bit of fine tuning and understanding on my part. Now I can't wait to sit down and relax to play a few wii games....If only I didn't have to study and write an essay. Oh well, maybe during spring break
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
strife18 said:
Well I've tried DVD-r Memorex and Verbatims at both 2x and 4x speeds and still nothing. I have no idea what to do from here. Still getting read error 324. I also tried softchip and am getting an [oct] error. So i tried reinstalling gamma, im not sure if i have to uninstall or if i can just install overtop of it but when I did it came up with an error -2011 just like before but then tells me IOS installed successfully. But still the same error for backups.
As for starfall...its just getting annoying now. I have no idea what im doing wrong. I wait a few seconds, press B and 1 at the exact same time, sometimes it registers and says failed, sometimes after a few presses it does the same.

Should I be doing something else or maybe even a reinstall of everything?

Edit: Don't answer any of the above. I'm good now.

Thanks Gonzo for trying to help. I did a few things like reading through quite a few of pages in this thread and eventually decided to upgrade back to 3.4. I went through all the instructions once again. I even came across someone saying switch from B+1 to B+2 fast until it works... and it did, kinda stupid but it worked. Once I did that I was able to install Starfall options. When I came across the Gamma loader install this time I did the network install first, where last time I did the wad. This time no errors and low and behold...the backups work. Not only the Verbatims that I went and bought today, but all (well a few, I haven't tested them all yet) of the Memorex coasters I thought I had made worked.

Thanks Big Moe for the Installer. It worked great after a bit of fine tuning and understanding on my part. Now I can't wait to sit down and relax to play a few wii games....If only I didn't have to study and write an essay. Oh well, maybe during spring break
wink.gif
I'm Glad that things worked fine for you buddy , any more help please come back
wink.gif
and I'm very sorry for the lack of support to Big Moe's Installer V3 for the past 2 weeks cause I was very busy at work and now we are back on track , all links requests has been answered so please check your PM for the link and now with some time on hand ( I hope
wink.gif
) I'll be working on V4 to be released by the beginning of march with all the new added programs and new hacks so bare with me
wink.gif
and to the special one I say miss you baby
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
snakes101 said:
HI THERE
WHERE DO U DOWNLOAD BIG MOES V3 FROM PLZ
Playgoods said:
Could someone please PM the link to the file?
torgeir said:
Would also love a PM if anyone has the installer : )
QUOTE(berryboy88 @ Feb 20 2009, 05:33 PM)
could some1 send a PM with the link as well
Sorry guys but been very busy with work lately , if you have send a request PM for the link you should have by now cause all PMs been answered
wink.gif
good luck and please come back for any support or issues
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Lil Moff Tarkin said:
Is there any way to downgrade to 3.2 without having an internet connection for my Wii?
sorry , but as far as I know it is a must have to downgrade , that's how the app works
frown.gif
Sorry but maybe try a friends connection or a friend or a cafe
wink.gif

iamnewhere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello~

thanks for pming me the links
I just wanted to know, after i completed all the steps;
Do i need to have the SD card in the WII whenever i run backup channel?

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
iamnewhere said:
hello~

thanks for pming me the links
I just wanted to know, after i completed all the steps;
Do i need to have the SD card in the WII whenever i run backup channel?
if you run the loader from the channel you don't need to , running any app from HBC you do
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work