Hacking How To Hack Wii Console For Dummies /Easy Installer

king_koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, nice guide, however i cant get starfall to intstall...when i get to the screen where it says press b+2 nothing happens....the only button that seems to work is home...do u know what the problem is???

djkassen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
king_koopa said:
hi, nice guide, however i cant get starfall to intstall...when i get to the screen where it says press b+2 nothing happens....the only button that seems to work is home...do u know what the problem is???

You need to press b+1 they wrote wrong on this

shinydiamond

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I went through all this and it worked great. However, when i go to the Wii Shop Channel - I get the prompt that I need to go to the Wii Settings and accept the user agreement. Not sure I want to do that...should I have done that BEFORE I did the hacK?

Thanks!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Platinum* said:
BIG MOE said:
Platinum* said:
BIG MOE said:
Platinum* said:
3- Go to HBC and Run (3-IOS Downgrader) and that will downgrade your IOSs to get advantage of
turcha bug .(if any errors accured run the downgrader again til no more errors)(3.1 users skip to next step )

This is where I'm screwed. network error.
it is a problem on your end , I'm not sure what causing it , cause if you followed what we tried that will be all the trouble shouting that I can do at this point , it looks like cold be your router firewall or settings but something is weird going on I've never ran into before , so as I said upgrade and do it all over again and don't skip anything I mean do all again and before doing that when you go to 3.4 log in to wiishop and fool around for a bet to be sure your internet connection is solid and be sure to have a strong signal
smile.gif
good luck

The router is right beside my Wii, literally. And is it necessary to upgrade back to 3.4? I've followed everything exactly, 100%, up 'til installing the applications in the homebrew channel.
yes upgrade to 3.4 please to clean the system and do the steps again
wink.gif

So you're saying it's safe to upgrade through 'testing' my internet connection? Just upgrade like a normal Wii? Are you sure nothing bad will happen? Just double checking ^-^

EDIT: Okay. I re-did the first two steps. The third app. is still errored. How about I just get a replacement for that app? Is taking advantage of the "turcha" bug so important, anyway?
it is important step other wise I will not add it to my installer , and to be honest I'm shocked with your error after all the trouble shooting that we went through , however it is a network error and I'm clueless at this point !!! if you have any friend that did the hack successfully I'll suggest to take your Wii to him and use his setup other wise I'll be more than happy to do it for you if you pay for the shipping only , cause I don't charge for such favors
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
king_koopa said:
press B and 1 together then B and 2 together then B and 1 together again it should work
wink.gif

QUOTE(shinydiamond @ Jan 24 2009, 10:10 PM) So I went through all this and it worked great. However, when i go to the Wii Shop Channel - I get the prompt that I need to go to the Wii Settings and accept the user agreement. Not sure I want to do that...should I have done that BEFORE I did the hacK?

Thanks!
if you are at 3.2 with Starfall install you can go ahead and accept the user agreement , cause Starfall blocks the updates anyway
wink.gif

D

DRMaestro

Hello,

I installed the HBC. Now I'll continue with the rest. I have 2 questions:

1) I don't have a wireless connection for Wii. My firmware is 3.1e. So the second step (updating to 3.2) is a problem for me. I searched the forum but I am not sure about the best option. I've found about a semi-brick fixing disk, but as I don't have a modchip, I am not sure I'll be able to use it. Also there is a method to extract the firmware from the disk, and add it to the SD disk. But I am a little bit confused. Could any one help me with this step?

2) What is your opinions about the new mod (Riskii Mod)? Does it have any advantages over Big Moe's installer. I think a lot of peopole may be confused about which mode to choose. So, I'd like to ask for your opinions.

By the way, my second question may be a little bit out of topic, so I may remove it if you require.

Thanks

SilverSurfR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DRMaestro said:
Hello,

1) I don't have a wireless connection for Wii. My firmware is 3.1e. So the second step (updating to 3.2) is a problem for me. I searched the forum but I am not sure about the best option. I've found about a semi-brick fixing disk, but as I don't have a modchip, I am not sure I'll be able to use it. Also there is a method to extract the firmware from the disk, and add it to the SD disk. But I am a little bit confused. Could any one help me with this step?

2) What is your opinions about the new mod (Riskii Mod)? Does it have any advantages over Big Moe's installer. I think a lot of peopole may be confused about which mode to choose. So, I'd like to ask for your opinions.

By the way, my second question may be a little bit out of topic, so I may remove it if you require.

Thanks

1 - Yes. WiiScrubber can extract wads from game ISOs. You'll need a proper key.bin which you'll have to google for. Within WiiScrubber you'll see Partition 1 - Update, click the plus sign and look for _sys. wads are located under here, right click and extract. Installing via WadManager *SHOULD* work fine. I've never tried this. But if you have a disk with 3.2 anyway, just install off disk as this would probably ensure any other IOS that need updating for 3.2 will get updated as well.

2 - I switched to RiskiiMod from djtaz's 002 fix gamma package. I just prefer it. IMO one should just do the research and see what best suits their needs. Backup launcher channel method is closer to a "virgin" type system as it doesn't replace any actual IOSes. I guess short of a power outage Riskii is pretty safe if you UNDERSTAND what you are doing and the risks involved.

FakeHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I upgraded my wii back to 3.4 after the DVD read error 324. And i got the error -1350 or something like that at step 2. How do i clean it using Cio uninstaller?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ALL.....and I do mean......ALL OF THE APLICATIONS have to be renamed to "boot.dol", placed in a folder and then place that folder inside the "apps" folder on your SD, after that insert the SD on your Wii, access to the HBC and load the aplication, the instructions of how to use it are on the screen if you can read english, if you are 3.4 and haven't installed a cIOS previously you need to do the "Oct23rd FIX"

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
DRMaestro said:
Hello,

Thanks
1-just upgrade to 3.2 via game disc
wink.gif

2-it is a matter of personal preference so try both and see which one dose suite your taste
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
FakeHero said:
i get this DVD read error 324 after i do everything up to the Gamma channel. What is the problem?
FakeHero said:
I upgraded my wii back to 3.4 after the DVD read error 324. And i got the error -1350 or something like that at step 2. How do i clean it using Cio uninstaller?
QUOTE(FakeHero @ Jan 26 2009, 04:35 AM)
i downloaded Cios uninstaller v1 but i dunno how to use it and get it working.
all these issues been answered before so please do some search first , CLICK HERE to go to the errors directory and find your answers , by the way it's error -1035 and there is no error called something as I recall
wink.gif
good luck

gonzoPHD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
gonzoPHD said:
BIG MOE said:
gonzoPHD said:
Firstly, thank you Big Moe for the excellent package.

Can someone please confirm something for me? I am having the problem with WiiWare games rebooting to the system menu, and I was told to fix it I needed to install "cIOS37_rev3" using "IOS37-64-v2070.wad". However, Big Moe's cIOS_Installer Gamma (#8 in the HBC) says "cIOS36_rev7", and in the WAD folder on the SD card there is "IOS38-64-v3609.wad".

It appears that "cIOS37_rev3" is newer than what's in Big Moe's installer, but "IOS37-64-v2070.wad" is older. Is this observation correct? And, if so, should I use the IOS37.wad as directed, or should I use the IOS38.wad from Big Moe's files?

Thank you.
"cIOS36_rev7" is the newest by Waninkoko with the support of Gamma and Homebrew and Wiiware , my question is ??? the source of your WiiWare is it trusted ?? now however you can still try installing "cIOS37_rev3" and see if it does solve the issue other wise reinstall cIOS36_rev7 and that's where we started from
wink.gif

Thanks for the reply. I ran your installer on a friend's Wii and the WiiWare (and everything else) worked fine. I think I may have made a mistake on mine. When installing SoftChip, I think I may have pointed to the wrong cIOS number. If I want to re-do mine, do I just format the system memory and start from step 1?

Thanks again for your help.
oh no , just use an app by the name AnyTitleDeleter and see under what IOS# you installed the cIOS for Softchip and exit the app then run the SoftChip and direct it to that IOS# and it should work fine
wink.gif

BIG MOE,

Just two more questions, if you don't mind... I used your installer on this Wii (from the above quotes) before you changed the instructions in the thread's first post. I started at 2.2U, and didn't update from a game disc. I just did the first two steps of your instructions (#1- Install "IOS16-64-v257-prod", #2- Install "Cios_fix"), and then upgraded to 3.2U using cIOS Downgrader 1.2. My Gamma worked, but I was having the problems I listed above. I assumed those problems meant I was missing an IOS that the disc update would have provided. (Is that correct?) So I formatted my Wii and tried to start over, but I noticed some things (like Starfall) stay installed after the format. I completed all the steps anyway, and ended up with the same issues.

My questions are... Do you think I am, in fact, missing an IOS update - and if so, can I use WUFE to install it? And if I want to completely revert back to the Wii's factory state, will a 3.4 update do that - or do I need to use something like "Any Title Deleter" to do that?

I hope these questions have not been asked before. I will leave you alone after this, as every other Wii I've used your installer on has turned out absolutely perfect. Thanks very much for your help. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
lecture.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
gonzoPHD said:
BIG MOE said:
gonzoPHD said:
BIG MOE said:
gonzoPHD said:
Firstly, thank you Big Moe for the excellent package.

Can someone please confirm something for me? I am having the problem with WiiWare games rebooting to the system menu, and I was told to fix it I needed to install "cIOS37_rev3" using "IOS37-64-v2070.wad". However, Big Moe's cIOS_Installer Gamma (#8 in the HBC) says "cIOS36_rev7", and in the WAD folder on the SD card there is "IOS38-64-v3609.wad".

It appears that "cIOS37_rev3" is newer than what's in Big Moe's installer, but "IOS37-64-v2070.wad" is older. Is this observation correct? And, if so, should I use the IOS37.wad as directed, or should I use the IOS38.wad from Big Moe's files?

Thank you.
"cIOS36_rev7" is the newest by Waninkoko with the support of Gamma and Homebrew and Wiiware , my question is ??? the source of your WiiWare is it trusted ?? now however you can still try installing "cIOS37_rev3" and see if it does solve the issue other wise reinstall cIOS36_rev7 and that's where we started from
wink.gif

Thanks for the reply. I ran your installer on a friend's Wii and the WiiWare (and everything else) worked fine. I think I may have made a mistake on mine. When installing SoftChip, I think I may have pointed to the wrong cIOS number. If I want to re-do mine, do I just format the system memory and start from step 1?

Thanks again for your help.
oh no , just use an app by the name AnyTitleDeleter and see under what IOS# you installed the cIOS for Softchip and exit the app then run the SoftChip and direct it to that IOS# and it should work fine
wink.gif

BIG MOE,

Just two more questions, if you don't mind... I used your installer on this Wii (from the above quotes) before you changed the instructions in the thread's first post. I started at 2.2U, and didn't update from a game disc. I just did the first two steps of your instructions (#1- Install "IOS16-64-v257-prod", #2- Install "Cios_fix"), and then upgraded to 3.2U using cIOS Downgrader 1.2. My Gamma worked, but I was having the problems I listed above. I assumed those problems meant I was missing an IOS that the disc update would have provided. (Is that correct?) So I formatted my Wii and tried to start over, but I noticed some things (like Starfall) stay installed after the format. I completed all the steps anyway, and ended up with the same issues.

My questions are... Do you think I am, in fact, missing an IOS update - and if so, can I use WUFE to install it? And if I want to completely revert back to the Wii's factory state, will a 3.4 update do that - or do I need to use something like "Any Title Deleter" to do that?

I hope these questions have not been asked before. I will leave you alone after this, as every other Wii I've used your installer on has turned out absolutely perfect. Thanks very much for your help. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
lecture.gif
IOS30 will be missing but that should not matter really , how ever go ahead and upgrade to 3.4 then go back to 3.2 using the installer and you should be up and running , and yes upgrading to 3.4 will delete all added software
wink.gif

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jiya Big Moe, good to see you on here
biggrin.gif

I did #5 last night with no problems! Aren't you proud! LOL I do have a question though. I used my SD card because he didn't have one. After I took it out I tried your loader and the other one (both worked fine) then I tried the softchip loaders and neither one worked. Is the SD card needed for those or did I do something wrong? It just goes to a black screen and I have to do a hard reboot.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
MamaTJ said:
Jiya Big Moe, good to see you on here
biggrin.gif

I did #5 last night with no problems! Aren't you proud! LOL I do have a question though. I used my SD card because he didn't have one. After I took it out I tried your loader and the other one (both worked fine) then I tried the softchip loaders and neither one worked. Is the SD card needed for those or did I do something wrong? It just goes to a black screen and I have to do a hard reboot.
I'm so proud of you my dear , though I know you can do it with ease
wink.gif
, SoftChip will work with Sd Card inserted only cause it need the folder SoftChip with the loader.dol file inside it , so he need to invest in a Sd Card
wink.gif
we'll chit chat about it tomorrow my dear , good night
wink.gif

BrokenVisage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this tutorial Big Moe, it flows very well and is detailed enough for anyone to follow, even me! I have a general question though, as I can't seem to be able to search threads here and you make no mention of it in your OP that I saw..

Do people that have a modchip installed have to do everything that non-modchip people do in order to install game wads as channels? I'm on 3.3 right now since my niece played Wii Music and updated my console (ugh) and haven't installed any fixes or patches since then or in the past, backups and wads installed/played just fine on 3.1 when I had it. Now, I can still play backups and the wads I installed previously, so all I really want to do is have the ability to install more wads, that means going down to 3.2 correct? What do you suggest I do here? Should I just follow your guide to completion like the modchip doesn't even exist?

Also, since I do have a modchip I don't need *anything* to do with the TP hack, correct? Many tutorials I've read go into instructions and make no mention of not needing it to install HBC if you have a chip, I just burned it to disc and installed it like that with no problem. But the only thing we need the TP hack for is to install HBC, right?

I'm problaby going overboard here but my family plays the Wii a lot and I really would like not to mess it up and get them all pissed at me.

Any help/suggestions would be apppreciated. Sorry for being noobish. Thanks again!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
BrokenVisage said:
Thanks for this tutorial Big Moe, it flows very well and is detailed enough for anyone to follow, even me! I have a general question though, as I can't seem to be able to search threads here and you make no mention of it in your OP that I saw..

Do people that have a modchip installed have to do everything that non-modchip people do in order to install game wads as channels? I'm on 3.3 right now since my niece played Wii Music and updated my console (ugh) and haven't installed any fixes or patches since then or in the past, backups and wads installed/played just fine on 3.1 when I had it. Now, I can still play backups and the wads I installed previously, so all I really want to do is have the ability to install more wads, that means going down to 3.2 correct? What do you suggest I do here? Should I just follow your guide to completion like the modchip doesn't even exist?

Also, since I do have a modchip I don't need *anything* to do with the TP hack, correct? Many tutorials I've read go into instructions and make no mention of not needing it to install HBC if you have a chip, I just burned it to disc and installed it like that with no problem. But the only thing we need the TP hack for is to install HBC, right?

I'm problaby going overboard here but my family plays the Wii a lot and I really would like not to mess it up and get them all pissed at me.

Any help/suggestions would be apppreciated. Sorry for being noobish. Thanks again!
well thanks for the comment
wink.gif
and let's get to the main part of your post , the Soft Mod is a bet different ball game than the Chip Mod , you actually need all the steps to be installed to the order of letting your Wii have an open access to reading the Sd Card the way we want it to read
wink.gif
I don't think ModChip allow you to run the WadManager or other apps from Sd Card , your ModChip in this case is an extra insurance that you will not be bricked cause you have a recovery menu in the ModChip
wink.gif
but in general I did many Chip Modded Wiis with the full install and now they have the best of both worlds , very happy campers
wink.gif
so run the full install and you will be happy too
wink.gif
good luck

noslo50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay Im a newbiee, I am trying to fnd more info maybe someone can help :

My Wii is a US NTSC version the firmware is 3.4U

can I still install Homebrew without downgrading ( Ive heard that downgrading is more liable to brick a Wii)

Also if I do get teh homebrew and downlad games do I need to look for any certion tye of IO ( size, ntsc, etc)

I've seen where more folks have better results using DVD-R media and a slow burn so I assume that is the general case.

If I download games and use the homebrew hannel to load them and say a game has online play (internet what ever you want to call it) will I still be able to do so?

What happens if I get another update,
what happens f a game does an update
am or should I if I proceed diable the Wii24 connect so my system doesnt do updates

Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Oh I got here by looking around after I was mislead in joinning UnlimitedWiiDownloads.com inwhich 2 of there support reps told me that using there software I could download games without any mods and play them on my Wii console.. I lost my job few months back and dont have much money to waste on sams like thiers so anyhelp to point me in the right direction like I said would be greatly apperciated.. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof