Hacking How To Hack Wii Console For Dummies /Easy Installer

XogeiD

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
The other day i happend something very weird in my Wii.

I've just installed BM's installer v3 and it works great. thanks!

but the other day my little sister was playing cooking mama (backup) y i made her to go back to the system menu.
(i don't remember if she reseted it or usen the home menu)
so... when the wii shoed the channels i removed the SD card

and the amazing happended!!!!!

the "normal" disc channel started to load and it LOADED the game (cooking mama) as a normal game

:wtf:!!!! Holy cow!!

drock360

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BIG MOE said:
drock360 said:
Hey guys. I tried to do this and I did everything right. But it just won't work.

It loads the Twilight Save File and there are two. Twilight 00 and Twilight 02.

When I choose Twilight 00, and talk to the man, the code starts to run and it stops with the following error message.

Failed to read boot.elf (-1)!
No code found to load, hanging.

When I choose Twilight 02, my wii just freezes whenever I talk to the man, no code runs at all.
more info please , what system menu are you running ?? what game disc region do you have ?? if you are at 3.4 did rename TWILIGHT3.4.BIN into DATA.BIN matching your game disc ?? did you run the game fast after copying the save data to Wii ?? please when asking for help lets give as much info to analyze the issue faster . thanks
smile.gif

Hey Moe, I checked wiibrew.org and I found out that the U.S. version of the hack has 2 options 00 and 02. If the inside ring of your disk has 00 at the end of the letters, then you use 00 and if it has 02 at the end, you use 02.

Later I checked wiibrew.org and it said if that error message occured, it means that the sd card is not formatted correctly. So I formatted it and problem solved! So if anyone else has this same error, this should work.

Jytach

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
XogeiD said:
The other day i happend something very weird in my Wii.

I've just installed BM's installer v3 and it works great. thanks!

but the other day my little sister was playing cooking mama (backup) y i made her to go back to the system menu.
(i don't remember if she reseted it or usen the home menu)
so... when the wii shoed the channels i removed the SD card

and the amazing happended!!!!!

the "normal" disc channel started to load and it LOADED the game (cooking mama) as a normal game

:wtf:!!!! Holy cow!!

That's normal!
Run WiiGator backup launcher, when it loads, just press B.
Then you will return to the system menu and be able to run the game using the normal disc channel.
However, once you reset your wii, you will have to do this again. Even though the channel will display the dvd info.

MamaTJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drock360 said:
Later I checked wiibrew.org and it said if that error message occured, it means that the sd card is not formatted correctly. So I formatted it and problem solved! So if anyone else has this same error, this should work.
Just curious... how was it formatted? And how did you format it?

XogeiD

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
MamaTJ said:
drock360 said:
Just curious... how was it formatted? And how did you format it?
you have to format it to FAT16 (just FAT in winXP) and it's pretty easy, just right-click the DS card drive in MY PC and put "FOrmat..."

~D

mortus72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all,
just got into the hacking scene just a couple of days ago (until then i thought you had to get your console chipped to play back ups) anyway after reading quite a large chunk of this thread i have sent big moe a pm so i can set about downgrading my wii.

i am currently using firmware 3.4e i have run the twilight hack and have the homebrew channel running, but i could not get the back up loader to install (0.3 gamma if i remember correctly) after reading up on quite a few forums/threads i came to the conclusion it was not compatible with my firmware.
so now i will set about downgrading to 3.2e (when big moe kindly sends me the installer package i need)

i will probably be back with a few more questions along the way, so bye for now and heres hoping to a non bricked wii

mortus72

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
3- put SD card in the Wii , copy the hack save file from SD card to the Wii , from data
management in the wii .

I followed the steps, I believe I'm running the latest firmware (3.4) since it wouldn't let me update, so I chose the second .bin file and renamed it to data.bin like said. When i inserted the card into the Wii, no save file showed up... Help please?

EDIT: The folders/files I currently have on the SD are:
- 00000001 (or whatever)
- apps
-N64ROMS (O_O?)
- private
-SoftChip
- wad
- boot.dol
- boot.elf
- Twilight Hack & homebrew Channel Full Installation (v2)

I put the .bin file into the private, wii, title, (etc) following the steps, but nothing showed up. Help?

EDIT: What the... I chose the other .bin file just for fun to test it as my last resort, and the file showed up! but with anything good comes something bad. Not only did the save file show up, so did another problem. I deleted the Twilight file since it said I can't copy due to the file already existing, so I deleted it, and then... "File cannot be copied".

I'm starving for some assistance.. heeelppp.

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ralph9994 said:
when is the download up?

I'm sorry, but are you psychologically imbalanced? The past few posts have been nothing but comments and questions about the download, and you think it's not even up? And furthermore, as said a billion times, you have to PM Big Moe for the download, not spew out senseless questions with answers so near by.

asiamae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the 1st step to downgrading. Of course the second part gave me an error. It states to use a title deleter but I can't find it on the SD card do I need to go somewhere and download it?

SSSMOKN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MamaTJ said:
SSSMOKN said:
MamaTJ said:
SSSMOKN said:
BIG MOE, First off you're a savior!!!! Thank you so much. All the troubles that I was having using other step by step installer instructions, all went away. I installed pretty much everything with your installer, downgraded too. The one problem that I am having though is with Starfall. When I try to install and have to push the button combinations, for some reason they don't seem to work. Do I push B + 1 (3 buttons), or is it B and 1 (2 buttons). I tried several combinations and held them down for a period of time and nothing seemed to work.
I've had this issue too. Just keep pushing B+1 and B+2 back and forth, over and over and eventually it will take
smile.gif

Rather than holding them down I've had better luck just being aggressive (out of frustration lol) with the combinations.

Ok. I did the button mashing technique (lol) and it seems to have installed. Unfortunately it didn't give me the screen to choose what I want to install. It just did it, really quick too. Now, my question is, what did it actually install. Did I get everything that I need? My tv is an old piece of crap (soon to be replaced) and I could not read the bottom line that was on there after it installed. It read removing old hacks, removing hacks, installing new hacks (I think), and finished installing( or something like that). There was another line below that, that I could not read. Am I ok, or should I try to reinstall.
LOL Glad it worked! My TV is only about 5 years old and I couldn't read the last line either. Just to be safe use my special technique
wink.gif
one more time, you should have had a black screen load with several options (on the left of the screen) and Uninstall or Install across from each one. I'm sorry and don't remember for sure but I think the default is NOT to install them. I did the exact same thing you did the first time so I ran it again and saw that I needed to change those. This is what it installs:
* Replace healthwarning with backmenu
* Skip disc update check
* Region free GC games with video mode patch
* Region free Wii games
* Region free channels
* No mainmenu BGM
* Start rescue-menu when Y is held on 1st GC controller
* Remove rescue-menu diagnostic disc check
now with this one you are protected from banner brick and semi-brick with many other
excitments .
When you're done check to make sure that annoying health warning is gone (THANK YOU Big Moe!) and you should be good to go!!
Good luck
biggrin.gif

Well I did try it again and got the screen to come up. I did everything that it can do except for the BGM. Now the healthwaring, is that the one that comes up when a game starts? Because if it is, then I am not sure that it did still install correctly. I'll have to go check again... Thanks everyone.

witchedwiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
first of all thanks big moe
tongue.gif

that being said..
i followed all the guide, and everything seems to be up and running... still i have a lil problem..
tried to play tatsunoko vs capcom and...
well on my old tv the games is in black and white..
am i doing something wrong? if i'm not mistaken i had similar problem with gc + us games, i simply switched to force pal 50 or something like this and that did the trick..
on this one instead if i use force pal 50 or force pal 60 i get a green screen and i got to reset :|
i'm running on 3.2e and the game is jap
tongue.gif

i've tried googling it, but some guys suggest to use a "ntsc channel" other to try and switch between loader..
before messing with my wii i'd really prefer being more practical with it, so for now i'll follow the lead of someone that has more experience with wii hb then me
tongue.gif

thanks in advance for any help

Platinum*

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the game crashed and stuff and then it jumped to WAD Manager v1.3 I only installed 2 things which were actually able to install which was the IOS38-64 or whatever. Now i'm stuck on this menu. What exactly do I do. Quick help!

EDIT: I accidentally pressed hte home butotn and it restarted. Do I continue with the steps now? O_O' (make it crash twice?)

*EDIT: I did it once more after the save file got deleted. And now im back to the WAD Manager and the backup loader won't install... it says "installing ticket ERROR! (ret = 2011)

or something like that.

**EDIT: It doesnt even install the HBC. It jsut skips to Wad manager 1.3 for some reason, and after restarting, it still doesnt showw the HBC. Am I missing files or something?

fangio99

Trophies
XP
Country
A work of genius Moe.......

Had fun with B+2 for a while but otherwise my granny could do it.

Thank you for this guide and the files.

Fangio.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Platinum* said:
the game crashed and stuff and then it jumped to WAD Manager v1.3 I only installed 2 things which were actually able to install which was the IOS38-64 or whatever. Now i'm stuck on this menu. What exactly do I do. Quick help!

EDIT: I accidentally pressed hte home butotn and it restarted. Do I continue with the steps now? O_O' (make it crash twice?)

*EDIT: I did it once more after the save file got deleted. And now im back to the WAD Manager and the backup loader won't install... it says "installing ticket ERROR! (ret = 2011)

or something like that.

**EDIT: It doesnt even install the HBC. It jsut skips to Wad manager 1.3 for some reason, and after restarting, it still doesnt showw the HBC. Am I missing files or something?
ok in your case , remove (boot.dol & boot.elf) from the root of your SD Card and put (boot.dol) for LBC from this link http://rapidshare.com/files/170002327/boot.dol in the root of SD Card and run the TPH again to install the HBC once finished all installation switch back the boot.dol files so you can have WadManager1.3 boot.dol in the root for recovery
wink.gif
enjoy

asiamae said:
I did the 1st step to downgrading. Of course the second part gave me an error. It states to use a title deleter but I can't find it on the SD card do I need to go somewhere and download it?
the download section of this forum or google it it's easy to find
smile.gif

QUOTE(SSSMOKN @ Jan 11 2009, 09:47 PM)
Well I did try it again and got the screen to come up. I did everything that it can do except for the BGM. Now the healthwaring, is that the one that comes up when a game starts? Because if it is, then I am not sure that it did still install correctly. I'll have to go check again... Thanks everyone.
the health warning screen is the first black screen that you see when you power your Wii and before you see your Wii dashboard menu
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
witchedwiz said:
first of all thanks big moe
tongue.gif

that being said..
i followed all the guide, and everything seems to be up and running... still i have a lil problem..
tried to play tatsunoko vs capcom and...
well on my old tv the games is in black and white..
am i doing something wrong? if i'm not mistaken i had similar problem with gc + us games, i simply switched to force pal 50 or something like this and that did the trick..
on this one instead if i use force pal 50 or force pal 60 i get a green screen and i got to reset :|
i'm running on 3.2e and the game is jap
tongue.gif

i've tried googling it, but some guys suggest to use a "ntsc channel" other to try and switch between loader..
before messing with my wii i'd really prefer being more practical with it, so for now i'll follow the lead of someone that has more experience with wii hb then me
tongue.gif

thanks in advance for any help
I'm not sure about such game !! but usually though the loader is a support of region free you still have to do some configuration trials to achieve success in game output and the best successful way is to invest in a HD Cable set and a better (newer screen)and that will solve usual cases of flickering and black & white screens , installing NTSC WAD is not recommended , try to force pal60 with vid-patch on for an example
wink.gif
good luck

witchedwiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
tried to force pal60 and vidpatch at no avail
tongue.gif

alas a new tv is not an option.. it's the only non-hd tv we got, but it's a foppish 42" crt (4:3) in our dining room, so opting for a smaller tv (or another 42" but 16:9) simply won't do in my parents view
tongue.gif

oh well i'll try something
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze: Hey, Red thank you, I will try that I use atmosphere and it look good XD