OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PSX DVR
Console_psx.jpg
. I bought it from Japan awhile ago on a trip. I tried to search it using GBATemps Search Engine, But it doesn't allow letters. I also can't seem to find a Playstation X forum. Can anyone direct me on how to either Softmod or Hardmod the Playstation X DVR...
nayps3.gif

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly, the likes of Free MCBoot is all you can try. That machine never left Japan, and presumably, was never all that popular. Probably because it is just a suped up PS2. Regardless, if you can't get Free MCBoot working, it's unlikely that Swap Magic will be of any use.

If none of that works, and there are no mod chips available, you're out of luck.

A slim or phat PS2 is fairly inexpensive though if you want to pirate on the PS2.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I tried searching a long time ago for the same thing and never did find anything (didn't try free mcboot though)

It never helps when looking for information on this console that the PS1 is often referred to as the PSX (why?)
dry.gif
Also made it a pain in the backside to find them when they rarely appeared on ebay...

EDIT:
kotaro_14 said:
Jax said:

Safe? McAfee says suspicious website.
unsure.gif

Website is fine, just been there myself, AVG and chrome didn't report anything.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I googled some, and it appears that nothing was ever done with the PSX. There was a mod chip being made, but it seems to have disappeared into the nether. FreeMCBoot never had a compatible version made for it either. With the two core options gone, you have to go completely legit with the system.

It is kind of a rare piece though. You should take care of it. It will be worth good money at some point. I mean, this thing introduced the XMB.

The best info I could find was from March this year. If anybody can find anything more recent, well, maybe you'll find something.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
PlayStation being called the PSX was started by fans.

And even if you did have options for hacking the system, I would highly recommend keeping it legit and playing around with a much cheaper, and easier to replace, PS2. Even having one is cool. I would love to add one to my PS2 collection, that or a TEST system.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
DeltaBladeX said:
PlayStation being called the PSX was started by fans.

And even if you did have options for hacking the system, I would highly recommend keeping it legit and playing around with a much cheaper, and easier to replace, PS2. Even having one is cool. I would love to add one to my PS2 collection, that or a TEST system.

ACTUALLY, PSX was the beta name for the PS1 IIRC.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
marcus134 said:
About psx back-up loading, your only way is swapmagic and/or freemcboot

The PSX isn't like the PS2. Those methods don't work. Outside of being able to play PS1 and PS2 games, the PSX is a completely different device.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
From what I heard, this *is* a gloryfied PS2 with XMB rather than the standard menu, so in theory, methods compatible with the PS2 should work perfectly well on the PS-X (putting a dash there to signify that we're not talking about the PS1 here).

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Foxi4 said:
From what I heard, this *is* a gloryfied PS2 with XMB rather than the standard menu, so in theory, methods compatible with the PS2 should work perfectly well on the PS-X (putting a dash there to signify that we're not talking about the PS1 here).

FreeMCBoot was never made functional, and I'm pretty sure that the PSX uses a system similar to the PS3 for inserting games, so you would really have to dismantle the PSX to even test Swap Magic on the off chance that maybe it will work. Even Swap Magic has to be designed with serial numbers in mind though.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nathan Drake said:
It is kind of a rare piece though. You should take care of it.

THIS

Instead of hacking it, preserve it and buy a PS2 to hack if you need a hacked PS2.

QUOTE(Nathan Drake @ Aug 6 2011, 02:30 AM) ACTUALLY, PSX was the beta name for the PS1 IIRC.

PlayStation eXperiment (or eXperimental, depending who you ask)

PSX was also the original title of the Official US PlayStation Magazine before it became the official US PlayStation magazine.

MSaki

Trophies
Website
nintendo3ds-place.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
iv moded one of these you need to solder a ps2 mod chip to the mobo the pinouts are scattered but there easy to find and you have to add a switch as the modchip will crash it into ps2 everytime its turned on but when there is a switch it will go back to psx main menu.

btw it was Modbo 4.0 modchip for ps2

freemcboot i had problems as it wouldnt boot from the card it would ignore it and overwrite the sys config and it worked fine on my ps2 phat..... also it was the multi reigon based one so it should have worked idk

also esr disks dont work nor do the swap trick as it has a drawer instead of fliptop and drive seems to hate esr dvd glitched disks

^^hope it helps 36%

(edit: almost forgot ps2 mode ignores internal memory i tried ulaunch doesn't say its there so idk post if any ideas)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte