Status
Not open for further replies.

xy2_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As of the release of HENkaku, this thread is now completely irrelevant. Get that instead.

This thread is also mirrored on Reddit.

So apparently this isn't common knowledge and quite a lot people are still getting frauded by some of these "VHBL ON LATEST FIRMWARE!!" people without knowing how to do it.

In particular, instead of contributing to useful efforts to advance the vita scene (shoutouts to #vitasdk on freenode) these specific people have for their interest instead to sell methods that are known by the experienced vita hackers, but not known by many end users, for the sole objective of profit; basically abusing obscurity. As someone who is currently trying to contribute to the Vita via documentation, this is a little unacceptable for me. Some examples would be HackInformer (the most known) and F3bruary, and I'm pretty sure some other people will do this as well as time passes.

So without further ado, here are three methods to install VHBL on latest firmware. They ALL require a person with a hackable Vita to do the work for you beforehand. If you don't have anyone, read the end of this post. For the VHBL bubble, use Ape Escape demo as a basegame.

**Account sharing**

Requires your PSN login creds: the quickest but most unsafe option. The exploitable Vita makes a VHBL bubble via the method of their choice, makes a CM backup, and sends it to the latest firmware Vita.

Pros: easiest and fastest method.
Cons: requires psn login.

**Backup hacking**

Requires a backup and physical access to the latest firmware Vita. The hackable Vita owner gets a backup from the latest firmware Vita, follows http://gbatemp.net/threads/coldswap-run-fully-unencrypted-playable-games-without-owning-them.427511/ to hack the backup, then gets the VHBL bubble to make a CM backup of the bubble and send it to the latest firmware vita.

Pros: does not require giving account or swapping it.
Cons: hardest method for hacker, requires physical access to the PS3 to activate (as act.dat, the file to activate a Vita, is console unique).

**Account swapping**

The hackable firmware Vita creates a new account, creates the VHBL bubble there, then sends a CM backup of the bubble to the latest firmware VIta. The latest firmware Vita either formats his vita or get a separate memory card for the new account and transfers the CM backup.

Pros: does not require end user input from the latest firmware vita.
Cons: have to switch accounts, memory cards aren't cheap.

For those who have no friends with a Vita: I am unfortunately not able to offer accounts anymore, due to lack of access to a PS3 for a long time. Sorry :(

If you want someone to make you an account using one of the other two methods, make sure to leave a request in this thread. Note: I do **not** recommend giving away your PSN login creds unless you have absolute trust in the other party!

VHBL accounts:
Current providers are:
@metroid maniac: http://gbatemp.net/threads/vhbl-tn-v-ark-installation-service.434522/
@Evozt: ask in this thread

Last edited by xy2_,

Kyle Smith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get this done. I've done so much research trying to find something. If you are saying there is a way to get emulators going on my vita I will do whatever I can do to help.

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I also have a 3.60 PSVita which I would love to use for at least emulators, I will send you a PM. And thank you very much for clarifying the process.

spritefun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi xy2 is there any chance you can do one of these accounts for me please?
I tried to pm you but i dont think the site will let me yet.
Im on 3.57 but can update to 3.6.

David Combs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi xy2 I'm not sure if I am having a noob moment or if I cant because I'm new to the site but I cant figure out how to pm you I just bought a vita and it was already 3.6 ive been scouring the net trying to figure out how to get vhbl on it but I keep just running into people who want money and my psn account creds but I am very hesitant to trust them if there is something you could do to help me out I would be very grateful
THANKS

Last edited by David Combs,
Reactions: Kyle Smith

Kyle Smith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi xy2 I'm not sure if I am having a noob moment or if I cant because I'm new to the site but I cant figure out how to pm you I just bought a vita and it was already 3.6 ive been scouring the net trying to figure out how to get vhbl on it but I keep just running into people who want money and my psn account creds but I am very hesitant to trust them if there is something you could do to help me out I would be very grateful
THANKS
I was wondering the same thing. I can't seem to pm either. Might be because of the newbie status.

kirox777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a hacked phat vita on 1.80 with TN-V via Monster Hunter Exploit. and i also have my updated slim vita on 3.60 which used to previously use the JPN game demo exploit. Can someone please walk me through the steps to use my 1.80 hacked vita to install vhbl + emulators n stuff on my 3.60 vita? Thank you!!

grafate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANKS

That is no surprise as if you only have 3.60 then you can't do it with that alone. But if you want to use your psn account then you will have to give your creds to login. No way around that.

Bernhard

Psycho
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would also like one, cause i ve tried to hack my vita for hours 3.15 and i ve not managed to make it work yet..:/ pls

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand something with the last method. If I have only one memory card and I want to play with my account, do I only need to format once to install vhbl and then reformat to use my account ? I can make a backup of my game and data on my pc and save on ps+, but I want to be sure I can play with my account after.

xy2_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, you can't use both at the same time (you can if you use any other method listed here.) You will need to get two separate memory cards or bother with switching account each time.

Flirkyn

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, you can't use both at the same time (you can if you use any other method listed here.) You will need to get two separate memory cards or bother with switching account each time.
Arf =/ Well I think I'll not do that then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol