Hacking How to get Metroid 3 (Pal or NTSC) to work in french on NTSC console??

ravingzeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

As you probably know the NTSC-US and PAL version of Metroid 3 include a french language, but only if you have a PAL console, if you use the Metroid 3 NTSC game in the PAL console and your console is set to french you will get the french. But with NTSC console, you can't get the french to work even if your console is set to french, they only disable the french option for all NTSC console, the game seems to detect the IOS of the console.

So since there is a lot of new hacking apps for the wii I have tried to find a way to make french to work on my NTSC console, but without success...

I used the wii update remover on the pal version, to avoid the update, and it still making the Pal version load in english on my NTSC console.
I used Freeloader NTSC version found on the net and I can run the PAL game but at 50HZ' so I can't see anything, but I do see the game in french!

Is freeloader works in US, because with all PAL release I used with my freeloader found on the web they all works at 50hz?!??! Is there a real freeloader NTSC version or mine is just fake??

If somebody can try to help me to make Metroid to works in french on my console it will be soooooo great!!

Thanks in advance!!

ravingzeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just tried it and the game still only in english, even if I choose French in WiiFrii, that's strange!

Any more suggestion?!?

It seems that when I change the region to NTSC, the game works like the NTSC version of the game and the NTSC version of the game only play in english in NTSC console, even if the french is in the game when used in PAL console!

So, the only way to make it play in french is by using freeloader, because the games think I have a PAL console, but the video is at 50Hz... IS there a way to use the NTSC version of the game and only change the language and force it to french?, because with WiiFrii I need to change the VIDEO before changing language... But i'am sure that even if I try to force the game in french in the NTSC version I will still only have english. It's the only game with that issue as long as I know, because habtiually all NTSC game with french in it works on my NTSC console, but this one really DESACTIVATE french for NTSC console user.

ravingzeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like wich one?

I don't know all of the tools, hacking of wii or homebrew is really new and new stuff are going out so fast! I'am just modding and playing with my wii for myself and for my pleasure, but I don't have enought time to follow all new tools and don't even know the half of them, but I do my best to take time to find the info, but in that particular case with this game I can't make it work!

I would like to have more time to play with wii stuff, but I'am already member and moderator of cars club and some other stuff and with my works and the kids I really can't make it!

So if somebody can point me to a solution it can be great, I also bring this game issue to make people who likes to play with this stuff to have a new challange to look at, because I think that this game is a particular case, but major hacker are on pal console and this only happen on NTSC console...

Well, will see if somebody can help!

Thanks!

ravingzeus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried Gecko Region Free homebrew, still getting 50HZ with PAL Zelda game and Metroid 3 PAL too, but I do see the french...

So still not working that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-