Homebrew How to get GC AR loader to work?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure which forum to post this, but here we go...

Because of the glaring lack of GeckoOS codes available for certain games in my library, I have since reinstalled the WiiGator cmios on my Wii in order to try and play with the GC AR codes instead. Now, at first I was having a problem where it wouldn't want to load the AR .dol at all, but then I realized that for that, I needed to instead use a 2GB SD because for some reason the homebrew that launches that AR loader doesn't like SDHC like the Wii does.

Well, here's the thing... on the system, I follow the apparent steps, having my third-party memory card inserted, and starting up the app with this stuff, and the video output shows it loading the AR and recognizing the disc ID of a real GC game, but then it never actually starts the Action Replay menu, and instead skips and goes to the game, without letting me load any codes at all.

So what can I do here so I can play with the codes i'm looking for? I at first thought about making .cht files for cfg-usb loader to recognize but even if I knew how to make 'em, I wouldn't know where to put them on the SD for the loader to actually recognize and use them. And while I miss being able to load GC games off USB for those that do support it, some of the games in question are the kind where I do miss the codes that were available to them.

So, what am I doing wrong? Is there something I'm missing doing so that the AR .dol will actually start up and let me use it as a real GC AR? Or is there a way to use Dios-mios with this loader? What about a way to add the GC AR codes into cfg-usb so that they would work there? Since one can't even buy that Gecko thing anywhere anymore, telling me to get that won't really solve my problem. And even if I did physically have it, the Wii system in question isn't anywhere within reach to employ it either. :(

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that would be a nice alternative (since then I could load the game via USB), but then I still don't have a way to actually make a .gct, much less know where to put said .gct onto the SD for the Wii to actually read it.

Frustratingly, 1000 year door is the most infamous game that cfg-usb won't even try to find codes for of any shape or form.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried all that again. Tried that three pack of apps on my PC, copied over the official list from codejunkies.com, decrypt, convert to WiiRD, then had the codemgr make a .gct file, and stumbled upon where cfg-usb apparently keeps cheat code lists... and yet it still refuses to recognize it's there. And it still insists no codes exist for the game.

What the hell?

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure which forum to post this, but here we go...

Because of the glaring lack of GeckoOS codes available for certain games in my library, I have since reinstalled the WiiGator cmios on my Wii in order to try and play with the GC AR codes instead. Now, at first I was having a problem where it wouldn't want to load the AR .dol at all, but then I realized that for that, I needed to instead use a 2GB SD because for some reason the homebrew that launches that AR loader doesn't like SDHC like the Wii does.

Well, here's the thing... on the system, I follow the apparent steps, having my third-party memory card inserted, and starting up the app with this stuff, and the video output shows it loading the AR and recognizing the disc ID of a real GC game, but then it never actually starts the Action Replay menu, and instead skips and goes to the game, without letting me load any codes at all.

So what can I do here so I can play with the codes i'm looking for? I at first thought about making .cht files for cfg-usb loader to recognize but even if I knew how to make 'em, I wouldn't know where to put them on the SD for the loader to actually recognize and use them. And while I miss being able to load GC games off USB for those that do support it, some of the games in question are the kind where I do miss the codes that were available to them.

So, what am I doing wrong? Is there something I'm missing doing so that the AR .dol will actually start up and let me use it as a real GC AR? Or is there a way to use Dios-mios with this loader? What about a way to add the GC AR codes into cfg-usb so that they would work there? Since one can't even buy that Gecko thing anywhere anymore, telling me to get that won't really solve my problem. And even if I did physically have it, the Wii system in question isn't anywhere within reach to employ it either.

Here's something you could try. Install a wode, have it set to not auto load, launch the AR app, then load the game when it tells you to. Works like a charm!

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Here's something you could try. Install a wode, have it set to not auto load, launch the AR app, then load the game when it tells you to. Works like a charm!
Not sure he's interested in hard modding, and my solution probably won't prove viable for USB loading...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: