Hacking How to get gauntlet working on an R4 stuck on loading!

AzerothArg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've trying to get this rom to load and face the same issue. Guess it's not compatible or there is some sort of anty piracy protection

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Both dumps of Gauntlet were encrypted, so if your CRC32 for the (EUR) dump is 5B3E9377 or for the (US) dump is A8751F2E, then you will need to decrypt it.
The decrypted CRC32 for the (EUR) dump is 7DBF79C9 and for the (US) dump is 41BF50B4.
If the game still doesn't start using the decrypted version, then it is a problem with your carts loader.

Last edited by retrogamefan,

RikuKH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It works perfectly on R4i RTS 3DS. The R4 doesn't have a dual core (doesn't probably matter in this case).

Qwerty3001

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I have an NDSi XL and I'm using an R4i card, with ysmenu. I can load most games with no problem, but not this one -. Gauntlet. And it's the only one I really want to play...
When I load the ROM, it freezes in mid load, at about 20%. I am desperate.
Reading retrogamefan's post above about CRCs, how do I know if my ROM is encrypted or decrypted? And how do I decrypt it, or find a decrypted version online?
All help gratefully received. I'm a fairly literate PC user but I'm not an expert in consoles etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What's your thoughts?