Hacking Question How to fix sx-os "boot.dat?" error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problem here on 5.1, I used hekate before and do have a 5.0.1 backup, so I’m upset that it stopped working as soon as my sx pro arrived.
I found the problem. It's Hekate. I know this because I just bought a new switch and it works perfectly. I'm so pissed. the only reason i used hekate ctcaer mod was to do a nand backup. they screwed me royaly. at least i have an excuse to tell my wife why we're buying yet another console, like the 6 we already have was not enough.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate broke switch how?
dunno but i suspect it did something to the way the switch reads the memory card. I was trying to dump my nand with hekate and it gave me "failed to init sd card" after i gave up on that i tried to boot sx-os and I kept getting "boot.dat?" error. well I just bought a new switch and put the same sd card into it and it booted first try.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dunno but i suspect it did something to the way the switch reads the memory card. I was trying to dump my nand with hekate and it gave me "failed to init sd card" after i gave up on that i tried to boot sx-os and I kept getting "boot.dat?" error. well I just bought a new switch and put the same sd card into it and it booted first try.
Sounds like it's just the same problem. Does stock os recognize and format the cart my

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it's just the same problem. Does stock os recognize and format the cart my
yes stock os sees sd card fine and writes to it. I took several screenshots and didnt' have a problem. but when trying to load sx-os it just would not load the boot.dat file.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes stock os sees sd card fine and writes to it. I took several screenshots and didnt' have a problem. but when trying to load sx-os it just would not load the boot.dat file.
I'd blame a bad microsd card reader before blaming hekate

Reactions: Azel

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the problem. It's Hekate. I know this because I just bought a new switch and it works perfectly. I'm so pissed. the only reason i used hekate ctcaer mod was to do a nand backup. they screwed me royaly. at least i have an excuse to tell my wife why we're buying yet another console, like the 6 we already have was not enough.
It can't be hekate lmao, dumping your NAND only reads from your eMMC, doesn't write to it or modify your system in any way unless you tell it.

comput3rus3r

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd blame a bad microsd card reader before blaming hekate
It reads everything fine otherwise. screenshots/savegames so how it that possible?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It can't be hekate lmao, dumping your NAND only reads from your eMMC, doesn't write to it or modify your system in any way unless you tell it.
it kept giving an error "failed to init sd card" over and over also as I stated when I'm in ofw sd card works fine.

Mikuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Have you tried to contact CTCaer about this? My dongle is arriving in a few days and now i'm worried too since there are already two people with this problem

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont think so.i did backup nand before i got sx license codes and my babies are running flawless. yours looks like a problem with the boot.dat file.

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5???? Dang wanna give one away?
i will give a away one soon.one winner will get one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

still don't make any sense why i get the boot.dat? i'm installing a demo from eshop right now so the sd cannot be bad... sigh.
i cant really tell you whats going on on yours baby, i can confirm mines working with no problems.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone else thinking this is due to CTCaer's mod of Hekate, it is not.
That thread does not talk about fix sd card files attributes. With init not done, you can't do any changes on files.

Also he states that he just got sx os. He does not say that it worked before. I hate when assumptions and claims like that are made.
So, false information spreading. Hekate can't break a card. And if it has problem with hekate, he's bound to have problems with sx os payload that loads boot.dat.
(sx os payload uses a similar driver as hekate. It does not uses the switch's driver like the boot.dat code)

He also asked help through PM and I told him I had testing payloads for his case, so we can track down the incompatibility (because these sd work in Horizon and PC, so it must be a case we don't support), but I don't know if I'm willing to help now...

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's obviously not Hekate, I can confirm I'm using hekate and sxos both without issues

Reactions: Reecey

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum