mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
Why is everybody messing around with the .iso? I don't get it, since when is a patched and trucha signed disc preferred over a clean 1:1 copy, and why?
for me it's because my wii is modded and i am planning on playing it through the regular disc channel. patching the disc seems easier in the long run since it allows me to boot the game like any other discs.

also don't backup launchers like SoftChip or Gamma load slower than regular disc channel? i am not sure how perfect these backup launchers run as compared to regular disc channel + modchip.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mixinluv2u said:
WiiPower said:
Why is everybody messing around with the .iso? I don't get it, since when is a patched and trucha signed disc preferred over a clean 1:1 copy, and why?
for me it's because my wii is modded and i am planning on playing it through the regular disc channel. patching the disc seems easier in the long run since it allows me to boot the game like any other discs.

also don't backup launchers like SoftChip or Gamma load slower than regular disc channel? i am not sure how perfect these backup launchers run as compared to regular disc channel + modchip.

I'm not 100% sure, but the 3x limitation is enabled by the drive itself if it detects a DVD-R. But with the backup cIOS the drive has no chance to tell the Wii that it is a DVD-R, so the Wii thinks it's an original, but it runs at 3x, because the drive knows better. With a modchip the drive always tells that a original is inserted.

kira_leingod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't work for Bleach at least
sorry but i don't have any other game that got the 002 error on my end. lol
So someone else will probably need to test it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kira_leingod said:
it doesn't work for Bleach at least
sorry but i don't have any other game that got the 002 error on my end. lol
So someone else will probably need to test it.

Hmm, do you know how to use a hexeditor?

If yes, could you extract the main.dol with WiiScrubber, TruchaSigner or my toy(for this you don't need any key file) and look if the pattern is found several times in the main.dol?

kira_leingod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do,
give me a couple of minutes i have to switch to my PC, i have most of my Modding Utilities on the PC.

also what pattern am i looking for?

kira_leingod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AH nevermind I forgot to change the IOS to 249 it runs it fine.
Well until it freeezes up though that can be my problem lol

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive just been messing with bleach vs without IOS55 a patched iso boots from GeckoOs but blackscreens from the disc channel but boots fine from disc channel with IOS55. so i suppose my last statement was incorrect and IOS55 does do something for me

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wiisel said:
Ive just been messing with bleach vs without IOS55 a patched iso boots from GeckoOs but blackscreens from the disc channel but boots fine from disc channel with IOS55. so i suppose my last statement was incorrect and IOS55 does do something for me

If the game is unpatched(IOS Version Patching) and you play it from the disc channel, IOS55 is started. IOS55 doesn't support your trucha signed disc, that's why it wasn't working.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
kira_leingod said:
Gamma with 002 fix
Doesn't work; When i loaded up the Un-patched Bleach: Versus Crusade,it got an error saying an "Exception Occurred"

Hmm, does this version doesn't work in general or only for this specifc game? And does the SoftChip002fix/r72 work for you?

i get same error with DKJB

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dj, did you get SoftChip r72 with #002fix set to true on autoboot compiled yet? If you don't soon I'll try it.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Wiisel said:

If the game is unpatched(IOS Version Patching) and you play it from the disc channel, IOS55 is started. IOS55 doesn't support your trucha signed disc, that's why it wasn't working.

im confused IOS55 does not support trucha so with this the game wont boot from disc channel and like i said it wont without it either but still boots with no IOS55 on the wii when using Gecko OS but when i install IOS55 it boots from the disc channel
the wad i used was called IOS55Bugfix (ring any bells) im unsure if thats with or without the trucha bug the site i got it from is down. what im confused about is if this game requires IOS55 and if so is it only booting from the disc channel because the IOS55 wad has the trucha bug and the game would be blocked with or without the original IOS.

This is using the w2iiscrubbed patched game

Aha the sites working now this was in the description so yeah it was a trucha patched IOS
CODE
TRUCHA BUGS HAS BEEN PUT BACK INTO THE IOS37-IOS55

can Gecko OS play games without the required IOS's then

Furter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks ether just tried on NFS Undercover and works fine

Edited to give a Thank You to QLeap, B@iLLi and WiiPower as well

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
don't thank me, QLeap, B@iLLi and WiiPower are the heroes here, I'm just the boot licker of them XD, what's with that Gamma 002fix?? should I put it on the first post?? I have no time right now to test it out, I have some things to do, I'll do it later, but I need to you guys make some more test on it, thanks for your time to all..!!!
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
don't thank me, QLeap, B@iLLi and WiiPower are the heroes here, I'm just the boot licker of them XD, what's with that Gamma 002fix, should I post it on the first topic, I have no time right now to test it out, I have some thing to do, I'll do it later, but I need to make some more test on it, thanks for your time to all..!!!
smile.gif

Wait with the Gamma 002 fix version, there seems to be an error. But SoftChip r72 with the 002 option enabled should do it, you could mention this.

For everybody who missed it somehow:
QLeap found the pattern you need to fix in the main.dol.
Bailli's patcher implemented this and is just easier to use than a hexeditor.
I wrote the toy for loading patched main.dols without changing the .iso and i added the 002 fix to SoftChip

And i say: If you want to thank anybody, thank QLeap, i don't even know how he found the pattern, i only now that i couldn't do it

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
@WiiPower

You still did a magnificent job getting this altogether for everyone to try that desires these 002 error games..
It has made such an impact that I noticed there were some new 002 error fixed torrents floating around... So for the people who can't fix it... it's already done if you just look...hint google the name of game with the word torrent after it... that should narrow the find for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work