we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Gamma and/or SoftChip users:
1. Just use HBC friendly Gamma002fix_r2 launcher provided by WiiPower using a 1:1 copy.
2. Just use the latest SoftChip rev compiled and enable the "Remove 002 error" using a 1:1 copy.
3. For DKJB force the language to Japanesse.

Modchip users:
1. Install the IOS requested by the game in your Wii with Wad Manager if you happend to have a good modchip, or...
2. Use WiiPower's modification of GeckOS (GeckOS_002fix_v3); Or QLeap's GeckOS 1.7b for cIOS wich also has the 002fix on the fly with the cIOS PatchMii Installer.
3. Modchip users can also use SoftChip and select the correct IOS, and/or enable the 002 fix.
4. After results, post your configuration HERE

You can also run the games thru the Disc Channel if prefer, but you need to....

Patch the .iso before burning:

1. Get bailli's Generic Wii Patcher 1.2 from HERE
2. Extract the main.dol from the .iso, partition 2, with your prefered aplication (WiiScruber or Trucha Signer)

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
ether2802 said:
Gamma(and official SoftChip) users:
1. Get bailli's Generic Wii Patcher from here:
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938
2: Extract the main.dol from the .iso with your preffered method
3: Patch it with the Generic Wii Patcher
4: Put the patched main.dol into the .iso
5: Fake sign the .iso
6: Burn the .iso
7. Run the game with Gamma(SoftChip)

confirmed as working, cheers guys!!!

(steps 2 & 4 - used wiiscrubber) (step 5 - didnt do (unless wiiscrubber does it as default))

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Logan said:
ether2802 said:

Link not working mate.

sorry, my fault..........fixed!!!
smile.gif

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
And here I thought I could finally play NFSU... I did everything what was needed to be done, but when I tried to burn it gave me stupid error on IMGBurn after a while '' W 22:24:16 Failed to Write Sectors 0 - 31 - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error ''

I pushed the Abort button like fucking 15 minutes ago and it's still going and won't let me abort.. I'm kinda worried here ;.;

Edit : I can't even shut down IMGBurn process, OR eject the disc tray.. .omg

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Distrance said:
And here I thought I could finally play NFSU... I did everything what was needed to be done, but when I tried to burn it gave me stupid error on IMGBurn after a while '' W 22:24:16 Failed to Write Sectors 0 - 31 - Reason: Power Calibration Area Error ''

I pushed the Abort button like fucking 15 minutes ago and it's still going and won't let me abort.. I'm kinda worried here ;.;
ImgBurn takes a while to shut off/abort when it is trying to burn a disk for me too. If you really want it to shut off, restart your computer.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Right... My whole computer froze up thanks to IMGBurn. I couldn't kill IMGBurn process even with Killbox or cmd line... I tried to open My Computer.. it FROZE. I tried to open msn.. it FROZE. I tried to restart.. it FROZE. I had to forcefully shutdown it by holding the power button asadfsdfsdfsd...

But seriously.. did I do something wrong or is this some random error ? I don't understand why can an .iso cause the burn to fail, even if it has corrupted data in it. ( Though I did everything exactly like the Instructions said )

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Distrance said:
Right... My whole computer froze up thanks to IMGBurn. I couldn't kill IMGBurn process even with Killbox or cmd line... I tried to open My Computer.. it FROZE. I tried to open msn.. it FROZE. I tried to restart.. it FROZE. I had to forcefully shutdown it by holding the power button asadfsdfsdfsd...

But seriously.. did I do something wrong or is this some random error ? I don't understand why can an .iso cause the burn to fail, even if it has corrupted data in it. ( Though I did everything exactly like the Instructions said )

If you use my toy you can use a untouched 1:1 copy

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What the hell is 1:1 ? I don't really understand it. It also says on your instructions that it needs R2.. What is that anyway ?

Nero does not work on my computer. I tried all existing versions of Nero, ALL crash when I try to start any of them. Get some stupid Windows Error. I also reinstalled Windows few months ago and the problem was still there. ( I didn't uninstall because of Nero )

Treacha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Distrance,

Most of the times IMGBurn crashes if it can't allocate free memory space.. i got that same error 2 days ago while burning some iso's then i rebooted and voila it worked like a charm again.

Also make sure to have Media Player shut down, cause it blocks locking the device for exclusive use by IMGBurn..

Or for an alternative try burning using Droppix Recorder.. just had 1 fail there which was my own fault, while IMGBurn keeps throwing errors at me..

Good luck

Ooh btw 1:1 means it's a untouched copy (not scrubbed etc.. etc..)

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1:1 means the copy without decryption, and ergo, a exact copy of the original image (we use to use Backup Creator to create a 3.99 GB file), the R2 means revision 2 of the unnoficial SoftChip loader made by WiiPower, you have to do one or the other the patching and burning the .iso or using the copy without modification with softchip R2...!!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Now the WiiPower's Softchip R2 link is direct to download place so you don't need to search thru all of the 2 pages of the thread
rofl2.gif

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Ah... Anyway, I just noticed I made one error. I accidentally patched 1st Partition AND 2nd partition of the .iso file with Trucha Signer. Can this make it so that the game doesn't work ? Wether it's related to the burn failure last time or not is irrelevant, but I only have 4DVD's left so I don't want to waste xD.

I have the original image file still in a .rar file if this one won't do.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
1:1 means the copy without decryption, and ergo, a exact copy of the original image (we use to use Backup Creator to create a 3.99 GB file), the R2 means revision 2 of the unnoficial SoftChip loader made by WiiPower, you have to do one or the other the patching and burning the .iso or using the copy without modification with softchip R2...!!!
smile.gif

It's SoftChip Patch Toy R2 or WiiPower's Toy R2. SoftChip R2 is a not working version of SoftChip.

When i write 1:1 copy i mean it. I really dislike patching/modifying of the .iso in any way, decryption, brickblocking, update removeing, scrubbing or whatever.

Ok there are 2 exceptions(for now):
- Customized games, which have some files replaced, for example Rock Band customs.
- IOS Version patching, but that's only "ok" to me. I'm still trying to figure out how to patch it on the fly. Anyways the patching is not really required, the games which "need" it just load the IOS specified in the tmd themselves.

All other patches and modifications are a waste of DVD-Rs.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Distrance said:
Ah... Anyway, I just noticed I made one error. I accidentally patched 1st Partition AND 2nd partition of the .iso file with Trucha Signer. Can this make it so that the game doesn't work ? Wether it's related to the burn failure last time or not is irrelevant, but I only have 4DVD's left so I don't want to waste xD.

I have the original image file still in a .rar file if this one won't do.

just "extract to file" the "main.dol" of the "partition 2" that is found with "trucha signer" in the "sys" files
patch the main.dol you've extracted with "GWP 1.2" and press on "search 002 error", then "patch", and finally press "save"
open "trucha signer" again and now instead of "extract to file" click "replace" and select your patched with "GPW 1.2"-"main.dol"
right click over the "partition 2" and click "Trucha sign it!"
now you can burn the .iso

still can't do it??
1. Grab the closest gun/weapon/rock
2. If gun, shoot directly to the brain, so you have a painless death
3. You can cut you veins on your neck and maybe feel a little but quick pain death
4. Ya' cheap bastard, grab the rock with your strongest hand and star hitting yourself in the head, this option is painfull and the results of death may not be real

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You didn't understand. I did that, but I also signed partition 1 with Trucha Signer accidentally !!

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
wiigee said:
ether2802 said:
Gamma(and official SoftChip) users:
1. Get bailli's Generic Wii Patcher from here:
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77938
2: Extract the main.dol from the .iso with your preffered method
3: Patch it with the Generic Wii Patcher
4: Put the patched main.dol into the .iso
5: Fake sign the .iso
6: Burn the .iso
7. Run the game with Gamma(SoftChip)

confirmed as working, cheers guys!!!

(steps 2 & 4 - used wiiscrubber) (step 5 - didnt do (unless wiiscrubber does it as default))

same here !

fkn superb guys !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn