Hacking How to extract game data?

siloricity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm used to 3DS hacking and I don't know how to open app files like to access romfs with GM9 on 3DS
Is there an app that can do that on Wii U? I haven't seen a tutorial for it

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure if I understand your question correctly but Aroma comes with the FTPiiU plugin. With this you're able to access all storages with FTP, including the "romfs" (/vol/content) of the currently running title.

Or are you talking about .app files? If so they get decrypted while installing them to the Wii U because the NAND and the USB drive of the Wii U are encrypted already. This is different to the 3DS which IIRC uses .app files as copy protection for installed titles as the SD card is formatted with FAT32, so no filesystem level encryption.
So again you're able to access the decrypted content with FTPiiU. An alternative would be to decrypt the .app files on the PC (CDecrypt).

siloricity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see that now, but how do I find specific games though?
I've been able to find some update data going through random folders but is there a uh way to find them easier

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
https://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database

For example If you search for Mario Kart 8 USA Region installed on your NAND you see that the title ID is 00050000-1010EC00. Replace the "-" with a "/" and you get the folder. So in this example the Game should be at "storage_mlc/usr/title/00050000/1010EC00". Just replace the mlc with usb in case the title is installed there, so "storage_usb/usr/title/00050000/1010EC00".

Note that what I called "romfs" earlier is nothing more that a bind mount from /vol/content to the titles content folder.

Also note that, depending on your internet speed, it might be more fast to download + decrypt with Wii U Downloader on PC (or Linux or Mac) instead. This also gives you the code (executable and stuff), content (data the executable needs, like textures, sounds, fonts, ...) and meta (metadata for the Wii U menu, data management and so on like the icon, splash screens and so on) folders of the title.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Warm balls in the winter +2