ROM Hack How to export addresses with specific values in .txt?

Reshiban

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, you seen the title, do you know how to dump addresses with specific values in a .txt?
By example, I play at Pokemon Y. I want to write in a .txt file the list of all addresses which contains the value 3F800000.

(The patern wanted: )
Code:
XXXXXXXX 3F800000
YYYYYYYY 3F800000
ZZZZZZZZ 3F800000

I know it is possible with CTRPF with the "Export All" button, but that just export 10 by 10 addresses, so with more than 2000 addresses, it's long! (And this method always miss some addresses!)

So I thinked at a possibility with:
Code:
-IDA Pro and a dump of the RAM
-tid-StepX.bin file (maked by did a search in CTRPF), a way to export his content to a .txt

If you know how to do something with that (or other) it can be cool!

Thanks! :)

Last edited by Reshiban,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it is text you want something called grep. In Linux it is a fairly standard command/program but for Windows you might have to download it. http://astrogrep.sourceforge.net/ is my chosen one for Windows.

If it is binary you can find such a thing as a binary grep. Failing that many hex editors will have the option to list all addresses with a given value -- hex workshop has such a feature.

Reactions: Reshiban

Reshiban

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it is text you want something called grep. In Linux it is a fairly standard command/program but for Windows you might have to download it. http://astrogrep.sourceforge.net/ is my chosen one for Windows.

If it is binary you can find such a thing as a binary grep. Failing that many hex editors will have the option to list all addresses with a given value -- hex workshop has such a feature.
Hum... so if I understand, this tool is (maybe) able to read the "<tid>-StepX.bin" and export the wanted datas in a .txt?

If it's that, it's the better solution, because everyone don't have a debugger, and this methode must take less time than with a debugger (if possible).

I can't test now, maybe this night, pray for that work, it's for something important.

Thx for this proposition! :P

Reshiban

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@FAST6191 I tryed with that and an hexadecimal editor, but that seem encoded don't taking too space, so we need decrypt the file .bin etc...
With the source code of CTRPF we can maybe do, but I never learned the cpp (that seem be that) so I'm no able.

If someone in the world is able to make a program/script which is able to decrypt that and making a .txt file with addresses, that can help us to making more cheats! :P

(The link of CTRPF if interested xD)
https://github.com/Nanquitas/CTRPluginFramework-BlankTemplate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Just slow the song down and boom, instant meme