i just wanna know how to unpack and repack fake pkg file for ps4
to edit what is inside them

Thank's for help

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use pub-chk to open fake signed pkgs, and pub-gen to re-fakesign them.

they cannot be linked here, search google for the fake tool set.

It’s all covered here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-ps4-exploit-guide.497858/
I'm reviving this thread, but for a good reason - It's what I'm after.

So, that out of the way, is there a newer program I may use instead than those two?

I'd like to edit my fake PKGs just to add a background to them (rather than the blue standard for PS2 games).

Thanks.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm reviving this thread, but for a good reason - It's what I'm after.

So, that out of the way, is there a newer program I may use instead than those two?

I'd like to edit my fake PKGs just to add a background to them (rather than the blue standard for PS2 games).

Thanks.
Liborbispkg is what devs use. It uses no Sony code, so it could be uploaded here. It requires .net framework or .net core.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Lotus06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, something like that. Pkg editor is the easiest way.
Hello I’m using PKGEditor, I’m currently trying to overwrite files in the GP4 project editor, it gives me the option to add files/rename/delete but I don’t know if it allows me to copy paste folders for overwriting, when I drag folders Over it nothing happens, if I click add files and select all the files I’m using to replace in the folder nothing happens as well. Please help

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I’m using PKGEditor, I’m currently trying to overwrite files in the GP4 project editor, it gives me the option to add files/rename/delete but I don’t know if it allows me to copy paste folders for overwriting, when I drag folders Over it nothing happens, if I click add files and select all the files I’m using to replace in the folder nothing happens as well. Please help
Liborbispkg?

Lotus06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most likely, but I don't know how. psn actually has package files in 4GB chunks, and it uses I think it's called the manifest.xml to merge them all and keep track of what's where.
Hello I have another question, If I put a fkpg base game on the external drive and pack in the correct directory in the ext0, if I plug it into the PS5 will it cause it to appear on the homescreen? I don’t need it to be playable I just need it to appear on the homescreen so I can access the options>manage content menu so i can locate my delisted DLC for the title

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have another question, If I put a fkpg base game on the external drive and pack in the correct directory in the ext0, if I plug it into the PS5 will it cause it to appear on the homescreen? I don’t need it to be playable I just need it to appear on the homescreen so I can access the options>manage content menu so i can locate my delisted DLC for the title
I highly doubt it.

Reactions: Lotus06

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.