Hacking How to dump games correctly

Afunnyname4

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I am looking to get a vita an earlier was pointed to getting sd2vita. It looks like the most solid way to go however it seems it goes into the cartridge slot. It appears it is very difficult to remove these things correctly so I'd like to make mine mostly permanent. However I'm planning on getting a physical copy of persona 4 golden. Is there a way to dump the game and then load it up from the sd card. The only method I've found currently is maidump. However it appears that I would only be able to dump to the internal memory. I could be wrong here but persona 4 golden is like 3gb and I'm pretty sure the vita has only 1gb of internal storage (the slim model at least). Is there a way I could dump straight to my pc or a way to encrypt to files so that they are small enough to fit on it. Or is this the default option? Would I need to buy a normal memory card to save everything on (that would kinda make getting sd2vita pointless so I imagine there's another way). I appreciate all feedback as this is probably a basic question.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Make sure you purchase either the white plastic (latest, best) or black plastic red text sd2vita. Both are easy to insert/eject just the same as legit cartridge. Don't buy an early bare-pcb versions.
https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/70wwlz/vita_memory_card_adapter_sd2vitapsvsdetc_buysell/

Also don't use maidump, its outdated and (poorly) patches games to attempt to make them work. Use NoNPDRM which crates a fake license and runs the files without needing to modify/patch them.
https://gist.github.com/yifanlu/bcc8ebb102704ae136c650a912c6f70c

The github page for NoNPDRM has instructions on how to create backups of your game cart using the plugin:
https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/NoNpDrm

You really just need to play the game while you have the nonpdrm plugin enabled to create the fake license, backup the data from the game card to your PC using vitashell, then copy the game data and fake licence over to the microsd that will be in your sd2vita.

If you have a vita 2000 you can just use the internal 1GB 'memory card' (ux0) to set up the sd2vita as per normal process: https://www.codedonut.com/ps-vita-hacking/ps-vita-setup-sd2vita-tutorial/

Last edited by Count Duckula,

Dirty-Steve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently using SD2Vita and it’s working well. Just started backing up my game carts to my ux0 app folder and they work but sometimes the actual game folder in my ux0/app folder just doesn’t show unless I mount and unmount my ux0. Like last night I backed up Marvel vs Capcom 3. And had it running. This morning I turned my vita back on, did the whole h-encore thing because I’m on 3.68 and then when I tried to run the game it said corrupt. So I went to vita shell and it was missing although on my pc it was clearly there... so I mount and unmount ux0 and the folder was there and I refreshed t back to live area all over again. Can I fix this???
Let me provide a clearer example. (USing SD2Vita)
1. Insert game cart.
2. Dump game folder to memory card and generate license
3. Copy game dump folder with renamed license to pc
4. Switch my ux0 to SD2vita
5. Place folder in proper space in ux0 app folder
6. When browsing vitashell on the vita itself, the game folder I copied sometimes isn't visible.
7. Sometimes i need to mount then unmount ux0 and the file shows.
8. this will cause me to have to delete the bubble and once again install the bubble by refreshing live are via vitashell

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...