Homebrew How to dump BIOSDSI7.rom and BIOSDSI9.rom?

ThisIsDaAccount

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before anyone asks, I'm not trying to ask for someone to give me these files, I'm just asking about how to dump them using my own systems.

These 2 files are part of the 6 required by no$GBA to emulate the DSi. bios7i and bios9i can be dumped by FWTool, while I found how to dump the BIOSNDS files on this thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/dump-my-own-ds-firmware.368506/

However, I haven't seen any way to dump these last two. I heard they could be dumped on a 3DS with Godmode9, but I couldn't find them in any drive on Godmode9. Does anyone know of a way to dump them on any DS version?

Reactions: RealYoti and migles

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Please remember that Nintendo DSi and Nintendo 3DS are completely different hardware, and the way their BIOS ROM is located and structured, is completely different and would not work on No$GBA anyways. There's no bios7i or bios9i hardcoded on the Nintendo 3DS System-on-Chip. It only has AGB BIOS, Boot9 and Boot11, as well as the ARM7, ARM9 and ARM11 registers on the CPU.

The only way to get bios7i and bios9i is to dump them from a real DSi, or find them on the internet.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Please remember that Nintendo DSi and Nintendo 3DS are completely different hardware, and the way their BIOS ROM is located and structured, is completely different and would not work on No$GBA anyways. There's no bios7i or bios9i hardcoded on the Nintendo 3DS System-on-Chip. It only has AGB BIOS, Boot9 and Boot11, as well as the ARM7, ARM9 and ARM11 registers on the CPU.

The only way to get bios7i and bios9i is to dump them from a real DSi, or find them on the internet.

are you sure they are not built in somewhere? the console does play dsi games and dsi ware..
it has DS hardware... dsi being just having an higher clock and memory... IIRC
it's really that different?

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
are you sure they are not built in somewhere? the console does play dsi games and dsi ware..
it has DS hardware... dsi being just having an higher clock and memory... IIRC
it's really that different?
It uses ARM7 and ARM9 instructions to play games. The TWL_FIRM partition is about as close as you're going to get to a DSi BIOS, which is technically based off the DSi BIOS, except that it's within the NAND, rather than the CPU.

Also, if anyone wants to learn more about ARM7 and ARM11, you're more than welcome to. They clearly state that the only identical BIOS is the AGB BIOS.

Last edited by Platinum Lucario,
Reactions: migles

ThisIsDaAccount

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It uses ARM7 and ARM9 instructions to play games. The TWL_FIRM partition is about as close as you're going to get to a DSi BIOS, which is technically based off the DSi BIOS, except that it's within the NAND, rather than the CPU.

Also, if anyone wants to learn more about ARM7 and ARM11, you're more than welcome to. They clearly state that the only identical BIOS is the AGB BIOS.
I see, thanks. Do you know if it'd be possible to dump them from a DSi? Also the files I was asking about are the BIOSDSI.Rom files, bios7i and bios 9i are dumpable by fwtool.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Assuming they can be found on google, why not just get them there instead of dumping them yourself?

You won't be able to live yourself after that heinous crime?
(somewhat serious, because I know some people couldn't! if so, let go, calm down and do it)

Reactions: ThisIsDaAccount

ThisIsDaAccount

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming they can be found on google, why not just get them there instead of dumping them yourself?

You won't be able to live yourself after that heinous crime?
(somewhat serious, because I know some people couldn't! if so, let go, calm down and do it)
Id much rather dump them legitimately yeah, and there's also the added benefit that a dumping method can be discussed on this site if a user asks for help setting up no$gba.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.