Hacking Question How to delete game update data/files on switch?

Jadarian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Xenoblade Chronicles 2 with DLCs. I wanted to use edizon cheats. However, I cannot use cheats in new update. I can use cheats only in old version. I uninstalled the game completely and reinstalled with old update. Since my previous installation contains new update, system wants to install new update. There is no option “start software”. I tried to reset files through goldleaf, it didn’t work. I installed DevMenu 6.x. It doesn’t even open. I am using atmosphere 14.1 with latest firmware. I made some research but didn’t help. If anyone has any information, that would be great.

Jadarian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. The saves stays on the console. If you delete a game, you delete the updates and dlc's.
Game files will be delete there. I know. However, If you reinstall the game with the old update, the system will ask you to install the new update of the game. Because the update of the game is still there. Even you uninstall the all files. Here, I want to remove this all remain update files.

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
I don't know if this will work on your case but you can look for "DOWNGRADING GAME VERSION EASILY WITHOUT FORMATTING THE CONSOLE" video by Sthetix.

Reactions: Jadarian

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don’t downgrade or delete the dlc. Just change the D007651BC7C6A51E BID to the current one that u see with edizon (F77F1559371C0EC6). The cheats are working fine for me.

Last edited by Queen of SoS,

Jadarian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don’t downgrade or delete the dlc. Just change the D007651BC7C6A51E BID to the current one that u see with edizon (F77F1559371C0EC6). The cheats are working fine for me.
I will try that. I guess some cheat files are working when change the bid. That would solve my current problem. However, it would be good to know that how to delete remain update files for future.

Reactions: Queen of SoS

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try that. I guess some cheat files are working when change the bid. That would solve my current problem. However, it would be good to know that how to delete remain update files for future.
Yea I have no clue on how to delete dlc from the switch without deleting the entire game. But yes sometimes if they didn’t change anything too much the cheats will still work. I’ve only tried the cheats on Rex so far since I just restarted the game, but the others should work as well.

Reactions: Jadarian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night