WhoRuJudge

No, Who Are You?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loathsome said:
I'm sure it's just as good as the original DSTT, no differences whatsoever!

If only that were true...

I received my TTDS from DX around the very end of last month. Everything was good, it ran everything I threw at it, I even ordered a GBA expansion to go with it.
Fast forward to last week. Suddenly nothing works. Game Load Error, Save Load Error. No matter what I tried (formatting, different mSD, one rom at a time, even YSMenu) nothing was able to boot. Yesterday I stumble upon this discussion and lo and behold, I have a fake. So I am now contacting DX about it.

litium

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ugh! Bad DX, BAD! I was planning on getting a iTouch DS to get Sakura (Best firmware ever. Period) but now im kinda afraid.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
REMEMBERING here theres 2 versions TTDS and the NEO TT like theres R4 and M3 SIMPLY both made by same team just different names!

kinda one RETAIL BOXED and the other OEM BLISTER PACKED
smile.gif

both run the same firmware
smile.gif

R4 and M3Simply isnt made by the same team... R4 is made by Team R4 and M3Simply is made by M3. Although they sort of have the same firmware, they're not made by the same team.

aero125

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
No, the situation is different here.

DSTT and Neo TT, R4 and M3 Simply, are identifiable and properly known companies and brands that issue their own firmwares, although it appears that firmware for DSTT is compatible to NeoTT, and firmware for R4 is compatible to M3 Simply. The manufacturers ( R4 and M3 Simply, for eg. ) have never officially claimed that their firmwares are compatible, users are doing it at their own risks.

The problem I face now is getting an unknown backyard cart passing off as DSTT, and yes the fakes can load the ofw now, but who is there to give me the assurance and warranty that DSTT's official cliam on using the fakes/clones risks will not happen in the weeks/months ahead ?

I paid knowingly at the onset to get genuine DSTT because I do not want to subject myself to the unnecessary risks. So whether the fakes work or not is not a relevant issue here.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WhoRuJudge said:
loathsome said:
I'm sure it's just as good as the original DSTT, no differences whatsoever!

If only that were true...

I received my TTDS from DX around the very end of last month. Everything was good, it ran everything I threw at it, I even ordered a GBA expansion to go with it.
Fast forward to last week. Suddenly nothing works. Game Load Error, Save Load Error. No matter what I tried (formatting, different mSD, one rom at a time, even YSMenu) nothing was able to boot. Yesterday I stumble upon this discussion and lo and behold, I have a fake. So I am now contacting DX about it.

So you're saying your "fake" one has hardware problems just like the "real" one!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE(aero125 @ Aug 26 2008, 06:22 AM)
I paid knowingly at the onset to get genuine DSTT because I do not want to subject myself to the unnecessary risks. So whether the fakes work or not is not a relevant issue here.

It appears that the "fake" ones might actually be real. Read the other thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=1363193

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up