Hacking How to create a FW.IMG?

mixelpixx

hardware monkey
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So having dumped everything, i see no real guide on what to do with it, i see tons of references to FW.IMG -- I see how to dump my NAND.

How do you get from dump to FW.IMG?

*Most guides say NOTHING about this, yet people keep making guides... they seem kinda incomplete. Is that on purpose?

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So having dumped everything, i see no real guide on what to do with it, i see tons of references to FW.IMG -- I see how to dump my NAND.

How do you get from dump to FW.IMG?

*Most guides say NOTHING about this, yet people keep making guides... they seem kinda incomplete. Is that on purpose?
I can only tell you what I'm doing. I'm using CBHC. No need for RedNAND or fw.Img. Follow guide to install Haxchi. The follow guide for CBHC. When you're done you'll be booting into a CFW for sysNAND with sigpatches

Reactions: mixelpixx

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: mixelpixx

N3wbs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks guys. i'll read and see if i can figure it out..
just install Haxchi + CBHC CFW... and on boot run Mocha FW.. with the option of mocha (click ON) on REDNAND option and mocha will make you a FW.IMG on your SD.. you dont need a pc i guess.. follow guide correctly.

Last edited by N3wbs,

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just install Haxchi + CBHC CFW... and on boot run Mocha FW.. with the option of mocha (click ON) on REDNAND option and mocha will make you a FW.IMG on your SD.. you dont need a pc i guess.. follow guide correctly.
Wrong again. Mocha does not create a fw.img, it performs all of the IOS patches itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: