GCN How to creat a multi boot GC game disc?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,
Its the first time that I've touched GC's great controller in my hand, so be ready to hear beginner questions.
And I've read last 6 pages of this section but didnt find anything regarding my matters.

This is what I want to do:

I got 30 backup discs (which are Silver discs, they are pirated but not burned, we called them Stampered here) and I want to burn like 5 or 6 of DVD5's for Wii.

So:

1- which program you suggest to get backup from my GC backups? (please keep in mind that they are already copied games)

2- How or Should I shrink them? (I've heard that they shrink the game)

3- Is it possible to have like 2 PAL games and 1 NTSC game one on DVD5? or they all should be on same region? problem is, I donno some games' region.

4- Which DVD type (+ or -) do you suggest for burning that compiled game ISO? and which speed and burner.

5- Since most programs creat .ISO, how should I get .gcm file? renaming it?

6- Seems to be two programs that do this job, GCOS and GCMUtility0.5, which one is recommended?

7- why GCOS uses .gcm files when the img you get is probably .ISO and then one you burn is probably not .gcm file?

p.s. my Wii's GC emulation is region free.

Thank you for your time.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) Assuming they behave just like copies , you should be able to image them with anything.
2) I think the multidisc creators take out any dummy data.
3) Yes
4) Meh , personal preference i guess. I like to use Verbatim and taiyo yuden discs , but some people use any old cheap crap.
5) Rename

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You are honestly better off using the pressed discs if you can. It's better for your laser and a lot less of a hassle then ripping them and shrinking the isos to fit on a gcos disc. (i would use gcos btw)

i'm not even too sure on how you rip a GC image. Proabably a quick google search will give you a tut though. But I think you will have to rip it instead of just writing the image/copying it because it's pressed not burnt.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Thanks people!
I'm going to use ImgBurn to image and then use Make-Multi to make a bootable GC and then see what happens!

and I'm not using the shrinking.

@Gonzo: pressed discs are rare here and expensive, like i got FF:CC now but its in Japanese! : )

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
no, it didnt! : (
this is what I did:
I made image of 3 of my games: WindWaker, Second Sight and Beyond Good & Evil.

Then went to command propt and typed: MakeMulti.exe c:\output.gsm USA s.gsm b.gsm ww.gsm

then I burnt output.gsm via ImgBurn at 4x, but the Wii says that It cannot read the disc (shows that exclamation mark).

whats was wrong with me? does those games violate any non-compatibility issue?

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why don't you use the Multigame ISO Creator once you've ripped your GC disks? It auto-trims, creates DVD ISOS out of both .iso and .gcm files and is really easy to use. I couldn't find the author's website right now, use the above link to download or do a more thorough google search.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
is it required to use Wiikey's config disc to load GCOS images? or they are bootable themselves? since I've used almost all programs and no luck, disc wouldnt recognized in Wii (shows that excalmation mark)

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, you don't need the config disk. The Multigame Creator should - and usually does - create a bootdisk. Mine usually work 'out of the box' so to speak. Just pop the DVD you created into the Wii. It should recognize a Gamecube disk, if everything has worked properly. Some GC games don't work on Multigame disks, but the Wii should at least recognize the disk itself. If not, something's wrong with the disk you burned.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like I said earlier I'm not sure you can just write the image from stamped disc. I think you have to actually rip the disc. That may be your problem. I'm not sure.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But you said they are stamped. Which means they should work on non modded wii i'm pretty sure. because are they basically a 1:1 replica of the original.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
in any case, wii should (atleast i think) recognize the disc, bring up GCOS'es menu.

what kind of DVD'es u used for GCOS? +R or -R? did u burn them at 4x ?imgBurn?

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Ok, I post my results for future searchers:
I used MultiGame ISO Creator v3.2.4F+ and added games with it, made a .gcm image and burnt it with ImgBurn at 4x on Princo DVD-R's and worked perfectly and Wii recognizes them very fast and all the games that I've tested worked and I also loaded my save games from original discs with these GCOS discs, works perfectly.

And that myth about stampered disks, I just imaged them with ImgBurn and burnt it with it, worked perfectly.

The problem is how to make it work with Resident Evil and Metal Gear games, which it asks you to put second disk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr