Hacking HOW to Convert to NUS format?

patri0t82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, I'm really new at Wii U hacking, so I'm not familiar with the multitude of ways to do this. I really just wanted to back up my kids' games. I've been able to use Disc2app successfully and then WUP Installer y mod to install the game to a HDD. Worked like a charm, in fact.

My problem is, one of my discs is scratched (Mario Maker) and Disc2app hangs. I have a downloaded version (contains CODE CONTENT and META folders) and I'd like to install it thru WUP, but don't understand the different formats. It's all very confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry, I'm really new at Wii U hacking, so I'm not familiar with the multitude of ways to do this. I really just wanted to back up my kids' games. I've been able to use Disc2app successfully and then WUP Installer y mod to install the game to a HDD. Worked like a charm, in fact.

My problem is, one of my discs is scratched (Mario Maker) and Disc2app hangs. I have a downloaded version (contains CODE CONTENT and META folders) and I'd like to install it thru WUP, but don't understand the different formats. It's all very confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
You would use NUSPacker: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nuspacker-pack-files-into-installable-packages.447689/
This will have a side effect of requiring a CFW to launch. Anything packed up with NUSPacker will require CFW since we don't have Nintendo's private key to sign the binaries. If that's not something you want then you will need to find other sources to get the encrypted files, as well as a valid ticket that's not fake-signed.

patri0t82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply! Not sure I'm totally following, but I did to Haxchi with the Brain Age DS game and boot through a custom firmware.

When I use NUSpacker I think I have the correct title key and possibly the correct other key. I set the in and out folders and it doesn't give me an error. It runs through all the files, and all looks good, but my out folders remained empty.

Is this the ideal way for playing backed up Wii U games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips